ProLaxShop

Players Forum meeting

Play in the Northern Divisions? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Moaning Git

Players Forum meeting

Postby Moaning Git Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:45 am

Thursday, Wilmslow Lacrosse Club, starting at 8pm I think, the chance to have your say about the league and the way it is being run, referee provision, fixtures etc; to discuss the upcoming rules changes, and the regional reorganisation.

Attendance by clubs is compulsory in most cases, so who is going for your club? Have you any idea what they might say? Would you agree with them?

Break the mould, be a player who attends the Player's Forum!
Moaning Git

Re: Players Forum meeting

Postby Moaning Git Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:28 am

You don't even have to leave your home!

All

At the Open Forum Meeting on Thursday we will be trialling skype. Please see the details below. If it proves effective, we may make its use mandatory for your clubs at future meetings. Richard Gartside is setting it up for us.
To order to join the open forum remotely you will need a broadband connection and a Skype account; www.skype.com (this is free)
Once you have a skype account search for RichardGartside and add to contacts (do this prior to Thursdays Meeting). I’ll then add you to a groups and call at around 8.00pm on Thursday. You will then hopefully be able to join the meeting.

Regards

John S Partt
NEMLA General Secretary
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Just to let everyone know that this is a trial and if you do have difficulties please bear with me as we have not tried this before at open meetings. The aim is to ensure that clubs can talk an active role in the forums.

Thanks for your support in this.

Richard Gartside

Education and Skills Officer

07951 044 875

English Lacrosse

Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:58 pm

Will you be at Wilmslow? You could discuss the league, the potential rule changes, or anything else you want including racist cornflakes!
Waggy

Postby Waggy Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:02 pm

Do they eat them in Chelsea?
the pom

Postby the pom Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:30 am

as he is from the north he will want gravy on his cornflakes

(Hypocritical I know but then I am not a national body I do not have guidelines and I am not doing this professionally)
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:34 pm

I'm confused about when I am supposed to be offended.

Pom, for the benefit of me and others on this forum, please can you provide an extensive list of when 'racism' is allowable and when it is offensive.

Then I'll know whether to get angry or not.

Thanks,
Dave.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:56 pm

With his name, an obvious racist insult in some parts of the World, he may not know. But racist comments are never acceptable; but then again making an accusation that someone has been using racist language or expressing racist beliefs is a very serious matter and should not be invoked in a flippant manner. Clear enough?

Anyway I have better teacups to seeks storms in than this squall.
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:06 am

No comments about breakfast at the meeting, but proposal on promotion relegation in 2nd and 3rd Divs failed to get 2/3rds. Debate about refs and the purpose and operation of Panel refs, discussion on Regional organisations and how Yorkshire is showing the way. NEMLA given clear directive about their priorities and told to get on with it.

Best thing was the involvement of Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle and Hull in the meeting and all of them actual players. For a first attempt at using Skype it seemed to be pretty good.
young_trig

Postby young_trig Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:23 am

Moaning Git wrote:No comments about breakfast at the meeting, but proposal on promotion relegation in 2nd and 3rd Divs failed to get 2/3rds. Debate about refs and the purpose and operation of Panel refs, discussion on Regional organisations and how Yorkshire is showing the way. NEMLA given clear directive about their priorities and told to get on with it.

Best thing was the involvement of Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle and Hull in the meeting and all of them actual players. For a first attempt at using Skype it seemed to be pretty good.

Was interesting to see that in gneral, Clubs were happy to encourage "flexible" rules regarding relegation and promotion. I think NEMLA in the past have been unsure on whether the clubs expect them to apply the rules with an iron fist, or use common sense where necessary.

At times, the skype connection was a bit ropey and difficult to follow conversation, but on the whole was better that spending 3 hours of my evening commuting back and forth between Leeds and Manchester. Tried to raise a few opinions at times but found it virtually impossible to interject.

My personal view, after we were eventually given permission to discuss the new proposal at what seemed the most obvious time to discuss it (just before we vote), is that the current relegation and promotion rules don't work but the new proposal was a step too far the other way. I still can't work out why we don't perhaps give a couple of options to vote on. Otherwsie, its now going to be another cycle of meetings and forum meetings before we can vote on a different proposal and could potentially be too late to put in before the end of the season. I would hope however that all clubs in Prem 2 and Prem 3 would be happy to accept in for this season whatever rule is put in by Christmas.
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
whopead

Postby whopead Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:14 am

Couldnt make the skype as computer is in babies bedroom and talking and baby sleep dont mix. SO i gather that promotion will still be 2 up 2 down....am i correct?
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
young_trig

Postby young_trig Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:22 am

whopead wrote:Couldnt make the skype as computer is in babies bedroom and talking and baby sleep dont mix. So i gather that promotion will still be 2 up 2 down....am i correct?

The general feeling seemed to be that it was a step too far and therefore didn't vote with enough majority to push it through.
However, the forum asked that the NEMLA committee go away again and think of a better system than the current straight 2 up 2 down and then try putting the rule through.
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
spence_warwicklax

Postby spence_warwicklax Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:30 am

It needed one more vote to be put through and yet three clubs didn't submit a vote, either in person or via post.
Hull LC 2010-
Warwick University 2008-12
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:17 pm

Regarding Trigs comments on the use of Skype, I think we all realised there were problems, even without disturbing sleeping infants, but overall I think it is a step forward.

There were also problems with the format of the SGM. It really was not on to have the secretary try and cut short discussion and move to the vote, that is not the way to gain a concensus. However simply letting folk repeat their position gets us nowhere. My understanding of the position now is, the 2 up 2 down rule remains in place and so is the aspiration. However NEMLA management committee have been tasked to use a common sense approach to the situation, to consider the situation of individual clubs, and the overall number of clubs in designing a competitive and functional league. To do that it seems to me that keeping communication between clubs is vital, and that is something that the management committee needs to consider. There was also a general acceptance that we need more clubs and teams, and to maintain the ones that start up, so more help for Liverpool, Oldham, Stafford, etc to avoid the situation we had with Chester. So plenty to work at there.
whopead

Postby whopead Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Hate to be pedantic Mr Git but it is City of Stoke lacrosse club not stafford! :)

It is not the right place and prob not the right time to post this but would a play off game similar to the one played in southern leagues be a viable option.

i.e bottom of prem 1 and top of prem 2 switch.
9th in prem plays 2nd in prem 2 for promotion.
And the same between prem 2 and 3

or something to that effect. I am by no means assuming that no one has thought of this before but do people thinkm it is a viable option?
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
young_trig

Postby young_trig Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:43 pm

whopead wrote:Hate to be pedantic Mr Git but it is City of Stoke lacrosse club not stafford! :)

It is not the right place and prob not the right time to post this but would a play off game similar to the one played in southern leagues be a viable option.

i.e bottom of prem 1 and top of prem 2 switch.
9th in prem plays 2nd in prem 2 for promotion.
And the same between prem 2 and 3

or something to that effect. I am by no means assuming that no one has thought of this before but do people thinkm it is a viable option?

It has been considered for promotion and relegation between Prem 2 and Prem 3, but people are worried about what would have happened last year. It would have left Nottingham playing Ashton, neither of which would have wanted to win the game! How do you account for that!!??
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Please be as pedantic as you want, it was my error. Confused by the ground rrather than the club.

Trig has covered the play off suggestion, which was considered.
whopead

Postby whopead Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:50 pm

I cant account for it! By pedantic i meant the club is City of Stoke playing in Stoke . Stafford is about another 15 miles south. Not being arsey just pointing out.
If i was driving from manchester i would much rather be going to stoke than stafford!
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
Chilli

Postby Chilli Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:52 pm

It would have left Nottingham playing Ashton, neither of which would have wanted to win the game! How do you account for that!!??

The SEMLA Play-off between the East and West Champions is entirely optional, either team can decline.
The SEMLA play-off between 9th placed and loser of the E v W Champions is entirely optional at the choice of the loser of the E v W.

This is to allow for the clubs to decide if they were to win the game that they would have the players/commitment etc to make such a move up right for the stage of their club's development.
There is no sense in forcing a club to a level that is not right for them, it will only kill off the progress that they've made and most likely put them back or at worst make them closedown..

When first introduced some people wanted to demand that the games had to go ahead regardless, the wisdom of the majority prevailed and Bath, who won the West Division for the first couple of years, declined the chance to play the East Champions.
Some people moaned, however, Bath were able to ensure the stability of the Club, continue development in the juniors and at the University and have now created three senior teams and challenged East Grinstead in the most recent Play-off game

There is no point in a game unless both sides really want to win.
young_trig

Postby young_trig Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Chilli wrote:
The SEMLA Play-off between the East and West Champions is entirely optional, either team can decline.
The SEMLA play-off between 9th placed and loser of the E v W Champions is entirely optional at the choice of the loser of the E v W.

This is to allow for the clubs to decide if they were to win the game that they would have the players/commitment etc to make such a move up right for the stage of their club's development.
There is no sense in forcing a club to a level that is not right for them, it will only kill off the progress that they've made and most likely put them back or at worst make them closedown..

When first introduced some people wanted to demand that the games had to go ahead regardless, the wisdom of the majority prevailed and Bath, who won the West Division for the first couple of years, declined the chance to play the East Champions.
Some people moaned, however, Bath were able to ensure the stability of the Club, continue development in the juniors and at the University and have now created three senior teams and challenged East Grinstead in the most recent Play-off game

There is no point in a game unless both sides really want to win.

What about when both teams want to go down?

Return to “UK Northern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register

Recent Topics