ProLaxShop

week end results

Play in the Northern Divisions? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
davidmcculloch81

Re: week end results

Postby davidmcculloch81 Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:51 pm

Moaning Git wrote:First of all Trig, no not a nerve, just surprised that you seem more interested in a single transfer than my other postings.

UK Lacrosse; I am not sure that I see your point. The restructuring may well have been ill conceived as it has rolled out this season, but that if for a whole raft of reasons other than the structure itself. If you recall the issue was really about what is the best way to encourage growth of the sport by encouraging new clubs, as well as the fact that so many clubs refused to travel to away fixtures in such far away exotic places as York and Liverpool. The dual league structure was an attempt to facilitate growth and new clubs. The problems this year, in my opinion have been caused by a failure of Lacrosse in the North of England to support development of the sport and maintenance of struggling club structure.

The adopted dual league structure would only be successful if you actually achieved growth, and the truth seems to be that we are in greater danger of constricting, and it is the lack of teams that has caused the problems we are seeing, that and a lack of flexibility in the way the league is administered, and some other minor issues such as clubs not trusting each other or being capable of working together for the good of the game.....blah blah blah.

My posting was not some organised plan, just an initial thought, something different to consider. I then tightened up on areas that have been discussed ad nauseum at the "Players" forum, maybe you should attend some of them and get an idea of the total lack of direction or will there is in dragging the sport forward.

So explain to me exactly what the problem is of a subsiduary "Development Team" submitting a player list at the start of the season that could be updated as the season progresses? The whole basis of the concept is that such a team would be regarded as a "club within a club" for playing purposes only.

And yes. the idea would be to create extra teams to make not only the Prem but the whole league structure viable, what is wrong with that? More importantly from my view point it would create additional exit routes for players moving through Youth programmes, and to introduce new and ex Uni players to league lacrosse. I really do not see the points you are trying to make.

Even more importantly it is a new idea, not considered as far as I am aware before, and if properly thought through and adjusted could be an alternative to simply tearing up the current structure and going backwards which is the only alternative I have seen offered.

Mark Reynolds has moved to Stockport? I honestly didn't see that one coming.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
young_trig

Postby young_trig Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:02 pm

davidmcculloch81 wrote:
Moaning Git wrote:First of all Trig, no not a nerve, just surprised that you seem more interested in a single transfer than my other postings.

UK Lacrosse; I am not sure that I see your point. The restructuring may well have been ill conceived as it has rolled out this season, but that if for a whole raft of reasons other than the structure itself. If you recall the issue was really about what is the best way to encourage growth of the sport by encouraging new clubs, as well as the fact that so many clubs refused to travel to away fixtures in such far away exotic places as York and Liverpool. The dual league structure was an attempt to facilitate growth and new clubs. The problems this year, in my opinion have been caused by a failure of Lacrosse in the North of England to support development of the sport and maintenance of struggling club structure.

The adopted dual league structure would only be successful if you actually achieved growth, and the truth seems to be that we are in greater danger of constricting, and it is the lack of teams that has caused the problems we are seeing, that and a lack of flexibility in the way the league is administered, and some other minor issues such as clubs not trusting each other or being capable of working together for the good of the game.....blah blah blah.

My posting was not some organised plan, just an initial thought, something different to consider. I then tightened up on areas that have been discussed ad nauseum at the "Players" forum, maybe you should attend some of them and get an idea of the total lack of direction or will there is in dragging the sport forward.

So explain to me exactly what the problem is of a subsiduary "Development Team" submitting a player list at the start of the season that could be updated as the season progresses? The whole basis of the concept is that such a team would be regarded as a "club within a club" for playing purposes only.

And yes. the idea would be to create extra teams to make not only the Prem but the whole league structure viable, what is wrong with that? More importantly from my view point it would create additional exit routes for players moving through Youth programmes, and to introduce new and ex Uni players to league lacrosse. I really do not see the points you are trying to make.

Even more importantly it is a new idea, not considered as far as I am aware before, and if properly thought through and adjusted could be an alternative to simply tearing up the current structure and going backwards which is the only alternative I have seen offered.

Mark Reynolds has moved to Stockport? I honestly didn't see that one coming.

Have there been any other big summer transfers like this one?
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Lol.... all right you wind up merchants!

And may I just add you are vile cruel and absolutely beastly individuals!
the pom

Postby the pom Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:00 pm

nick watson to mersey
lewis jacobs to rochdale
Glen H to cheadle

that i know off
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
whopead

Postby whopead Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Tom Giddings to Poynton
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
UKLacrosse

Postby UKLacrosse Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:27 pm

the pom wrote:which two first teamers have moved on

injury is TW i assume

Didn't he play at the weekend?