ProLaxShop

Referees for coming season

Play in the Northern Divisions? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Moaning Git

Referees for coming season

Postby Moaning Git Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:19 am

Can anyone clarify what the position is regarding the provision of referees for the coming season?

I have heard different explanations ranging that all teams must have a qualified ref (including Prem) to no change from last year. Apparently this was discussed at the AGM but minutes not on the website.
Sour37

Re: Referees for coming season

Postby Sour37 Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:11 pm

From the minutes of the most recent committee meeting the MPC haven't made a decision yet.
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:32 pm

This is not an MPC decision, it is a NEMLA one. Last year each team outside the Prem had to provide a ref I think it was agreed working towards gaining qualification, which is why free training courses were provided. I have heard from various sources that this is now all teams including the prem should have a qualified ref. I have also been told this does not apply to the prem, also that it was said at the AGM, but actually it was not agreed, and a variety of other combinations.

With a month to go, it would be handy to know for sure what the situation is, hence the question.

MPC decision as I understand it is that there should be a "competent" referee for each game at a minimum. NEMLA or SEMLA are quite at liberty to make their own rulings on the position for their leagues and competitions.
Sour37

Postby Sour37 Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:26 pm

Apologies: MPC to make dictat on "qualified" rather than "competent"

Return to “UK Northern”