ProLaxShop

MPC, Regions, Counties!

Play in the Northern Divisions? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Moaning Git

Re: MPC, Regions, Counties!

Postby Moaning Git Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:28 pm

MPC at the moment
Eddie Owen - Chairman, R. Balls, ELA Hon Sec
G. Caplin National Squads, P. Davidson Referees, D. Elwood Elite Performance, K. Haves Special Events, E. Hodgson Secretary, A. Holdsworth ELA Regional Officer and Vice Chair, R. Gartside Lancashire, M.Nugent NEMLA, J. Sharples Cheshire, D. Shuttleworth ELA CEO, Simon Gill Yorkshire, SEMLA rep seat not taken, John Adshead -Junior Committee, Dave Coldwell - Universities, Mark Coups and Paul Coups in ELA roles when required

Simon - I knew about the problems at the last meeting, but did not know about the one before, so apologies if my comment about your involvement was out of order, even so there was no feedback in the submitted report for Yorkshire.

I have been told that NEMLA often receive a "Nothing of relevance to report" feedback from MPC meetings, which I find astounding and I am sure taht Mat would raise issues that come up.

Pom, the MPC have instructed that a Regional structure be formed and the people currently involved in the NW intend to retain a County representative structure within the region. There may also be other representative bodies within the Region, but this has to be decided after input from clubs, players, parents, schools, colleges etc within the region.
Waggy

Postby Waggy Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:21 pm

I'll ask again; as Yorkshire already acts as a region not a county,the new NW association plan to continue representative lacrosse, what's the problem? Why does anybody need to formulate a response? what is everyone worried about, Come up with a reason not to change or a problem with the change?
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Waggy is right. The adopted ELA Regional structure provides an operational framework. How quickly or slowly things move within that framework will depend on the Regions themselves and they will all move at different speeds and with different priorities.

At Juniors and Schools meeting there was quite a bit of interest in a new approach, which is hopeful!
young_trig

Postby young_trig Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:52 am

Waggy wrote:I'll ask again; as Yorkshire already acts as a region not a county,the new NW association plan to continue representative lacrosse, what's the problem? Why does anybody need to formulate a response? what is everyone worried about, Come up with a reason not to change or a problem with the change?

Calm down dear, its just a forum thread! :D

Was just having a busy day yesterday and wasn't able to give all this a proper read. I only had time to let John know that I had attempted to be a part of the MPC meetings but technical difficulties had stopped me (not at my end).

I also wanted a chance to make the YCLA clubs aware of what was going on and try and allay some of the fear following John's "winding up" orders :)

We're well aware of the reorganization and see that it makes sense. It will make very little difference to what YCLA do already, as you say we cover the whole region already. Its really just a name change, which we're not mad about, but its definitely the way forward. I will say that North-East is usually a term used in describing Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, et al, but its nothing to cry over.

As for county teams, I personally would like to see them continue at the BNCs. There's nothing like the Lancashire Cheshire rivalry and it would seem a shame to condense 46 squad places down to 23 for a North-West squad. In the meantime it will make no difference to who is selected in our region, we already cover the whole area. It would be nice to face the other counties as Yorkshire and not "North-east".

Trig
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Glad that storm has moved out of the teacup!

:D
young_trig

Postby young_trig Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:55 pm

Moaning Git wrote:Glad that storm has moved out of the teacup!

:D

Quite so.

However, I would say that if this forum is anything to go by, there is still a place in our sport for county lacrosse!
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Fair comment
Chilli

Postby Chilli Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Well the South seems to agree that Counties can exist within a regional body.
Next Saturday will see the second Annual County Championship for SEMLA with ten county teams, up from eight last year.
Plus the Belgium national team as a visiting guest team.

Hopefully over time, some or all of the counties will start to self-identify as their own associations within the SEMLA Association meaning more, and younger, people will get a chance to cut their teeth in admin/organising/coaching/playing at County level and then we'll have a more experienced pool for future officials at Regional level.
UKLacrosse

Postby UKLacrosse Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:55 pm

So where will SEMLA sit? Presumably between the regions and the MPC? So county associations will report into a regional body, which reports into SEMLA or NEMLA?
Warrior Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
Brine Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
www.uklacrosse.com
young_trig

Postby young_trig Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:23 pm

UKLacrosse wrote:So where will SEMLA sit? Presumably between the regions and the MPC? So county associations will report into a regional body, which reports into SEMLA or NEMLA?

I disagree. nemla are responsible for the league clubs only. The regions wilk be
young_trig

Postby young_trig Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:27 pm

UKLacrosse wrote:So where will SEMLA sit? Presumably between the regions and the MPC? So county associations will report into a regional body, which reports into SEMLA or NEMLA?

I disagree. nemla are responsible for the league clubs only. The regions will be responsible for all lax development and report to mpc but have some overlap with the league body
UKLacrosse

Postby UKLacrosse Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:51 pm

Jeeez .... MPC meetings will get bigger if regional reps are there, or are we expecting the same people doing the same things they are now, but sitting on more committees, hoping to be more effective?
Warrior Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel

Brine Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel

www.uklacrosse.com
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:57 am

I think you need to check out the proposed ELA structure. Its a pity SEMLA have opted out of MPC discussions as decisions are now being taken without their input.
Jim13

Postby Jim13 Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:22 am

What does mpc stand for?

I mean as an acronym, rather than objectively...
Laxforums is a production of the Children's Television Workshop
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:02 am

Men's Playing Committee.

Do keep up beer.
Jim13

Postby Jim13 Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:49 am

Tbf, I get confused by tla's.

Is there an organogram of the English lacrosse structure?

Curious how they all intertwine.
Laxforums is a production of the Children's Television Workshop
Blind Zebra

Postby Blind Zebra Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:47 pm

Not so simple UKL! SEMLA has both ELA and WLA membership. It's transnational!

So now some SEMLA members are SWELA, some are SEELA, and some are WLA. I'm sure we'll still play the same game in the same leagues and all will be well.

MPC seems so far away and focused on NEMLA issues. So be it.

BeeZee.
In glorious Black & White at a pitch near you.
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:09 pm

That is a really unfair comment BZ. If SEMLA do not even submit a report to be discussed then it is hardly suprising that the discussions seem NEMLA centred.

Main points of discussion for the last few meetings have been the development of national structures encompassing the womens sport and Elite development pathways. I would have thought that clubs in the south might just have had an interest in these matters, but seemingly not.
Chilli

Postby Chilli Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:12 pm

As John will know very well, a long and detailed submission was made by SEMLA to the MPC explaining the issues that SEMLA had with the MPC as it is currently formed.

A 'thank you' email was received with the assurance of a more detailed discussion and reply later. Nothing so far has happened.

I had the same problem as 'Young Trig' when I tried to join the meeting by audio-conference in January, 35 mins of listening to music and the next day an apology that there were technical issues.
Blind Zebra

Postby Blind Zebra Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:07 pm

Not trying to offend, MG. It is for Chilli to submit the SEMLA view. However, for many years now the SEMLA reps have reported that the MPC deals with northern matters that are managed at the SEMLA level in the South. As an example, although the future of the Cheshire v Lancashire game may be dear to Mancunian hearts it holds little resonance in the south. If NEMLA organises a game between representatives of Cheshire clubs and those of Lancashire clubs is this really a MPC matter? I, too, know that the ‘phone in service is inadequate.

That said, in my view, I agree with you that there is a real need for national direction on development, integration with the ladies game, and elite strategy to name a few relevant issues.

Working with the SLA and WLA in areas such as BUCS and development would also seem to be fruitful grounds for the MPC. I know that the ELA/WLA link causes a few issues in the SW Region, which impacts SEMLA as they have WLA members, maybe the NE and NW should be looking to work effectively with the SLA?

BeeZee.
In glorious Black & White at a pitch near you.

Return to “UK Northern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register

Recent Topics