ProLaxShop

Cheshire Lacrosse - Restructure proposal - Urgent

Play in the Northern Divisions? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Moaning Git

Re: Cheshire Lacrosse - Restructure proposal - Urgent

Postby Moaning Git Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Dave I think you need to go and stand under a cold shower for a long time, your suggestion simply does not address where we are now with the sport. If I hear one more comment about the good old days with crowds of 2000 standing in the freezing cold on Boxing day to watch the County game I think I will vomit. If you want the County games (at Senior level I presume as that is all you mention) simply to be a social gathering of good old boys with no pretence of elite standard that is fine. There is a definite place for social lacrosse. Make it a formal suggestion, get agreement from the other Counties and lets make it happen. The would still allow for an Elite team entry in the BNC which the what the ELA wants.

Going off half cocked like you suggest though is frankly stupid, and detracts from any serious attempts to address the issue. Apart from anything else no club ground would be advised to take your suggestion forward as without ELA agreement and adoption of the competition no player would be covered by the 3rd party insurance, and as the event would not be officially recognised that officials would also not be insured.

I know that these are considerations that seem petty and stupid, but anyone with any sense of responsibility will at least think about them.
Wacs10

Postby Wacs10 Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Moaning id be very careful of how you address people especially Dave as he has done so much for the game for a very long period of time, it would be better to use his passion in a way that you can use for the good of the game as I havent seen any progress from your side in quite some time.

Its not about the old days its about giving kids and adults something to be proud of that is a showcase for everyone in Lacrosse to watch and kids to wish they could be part of when their older! if people want this back the Governing body should listen and support this, it seems at times that you enjoy talking more than doing and for my money there is too much of this in our game, quit being part of the problem!
HEAD, HEART HUSTLE.
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:35 pm

WACS 10, you miss the point. I know Dave well, and he knows me, and we discuss these issues face to face in an on the chin manner, and he knows full well that what we both want is the same thing, so really, leave him to defend himself.

Now as you indicate that somehow I am part of the problem just tell me what are you doing right now to help Lancs develop a full County programme within the proposed Regional structure? What ideas have you put forward? What have you volunteered to do? I am sure Waggy will give me the full list of your input at our next meeting.

You have not seem much progress in terms of Cheshire recently? Too right, but if it had not been for me and three or four other volunteers the Association would have folded four years ago. At least all the BNC and majority of Junior fixtures have been played. Progress? No but there still is a Cheshire Association. How much progress has Lancs achieved in the same period? Amazingly, none. Support and volunteers has been drying up for them as well, so where is this huge demand for County games then?

Being a splitter and setting up your own break away version is not the answer and simply undermines the serious work being done by others. So thanks for your input, I have listened to what you have to say, but it seems that if I am part of the problem, then your approach is even more corroding so I will just carry on thanks!
Wacs10

Postby Wacs10 Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:25 am

What have I done - how about create & ran my own Team, orgainsied a US tour including Cheshire, Lancashire & Yorkshire players pretty much on my own, I coached the team, managed the team, managed relationships, organised the equipment, payments, buses, Fundraising, Grants, Sponsorships, flights, organised & coached practices, UK based games
and given the players the opportunity to play the best players in the world

Ive coached for my Country & Coached for Lancashire and have provided players from both counties the opportunity to be be part of something they can be proud of and will help improve Lacrosse not only in this country but also for all the Counties!

Organising County lacrosse at each age level in a showcase event in the summer is my Idea but I guess some people are doers, some people just talk about it!

So let me ask you what exactly have you been doing over the last two years other than sitting in meetings talking about it, the team only plays in the BNC's with 3/4 of the team made up of players from your own club.
HEAD, HEART HUSTLE.
Nikon

Postby Nikon Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:55 am

BOOM!!!!!!!
Dining Room

Postby Dining Room Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:23 pm

So everyone here wants the County structure to be more successful with several great ideas - so why not take this offline and get together.
Or am I missing something?
I was once part of the winning Pop Lacrosse team that defeated Wigan in the 1992 Greater Manchester Youth Games.

Here's a 150 second video about how to earn more money with me

http://www.telecomplus.co.uk/biz/videodir/home.taf?exref=C58612
Wacs10

Postby Wacs10 Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Thats what UKLaxfan is trying to do, but the United Nations need to sit down and talk about it for 1000 years!
HEAD, HEART HUSTLE.
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:05 pm

BOOM!!!

Not really!
I have nothing but admiration for the achievements in pulling together a touring squad like the English Knights, and there is no doubt that doing that also achieves some of the overall aims that WAC10 describes.

However it does not address the issue which was under discussion which is the role, and the continued participation within the County structure. Developing a touring team programme is great but that is not what counties are suppossed to do. And with WACS 10s experience of National Squads organisation and of the ELA policy on Elite development, he will know that the jigsaw is really difficult to put together to find any placefo Counties.

In the same way as I have nothing but the greatest respect for coaches who give their time and commitment freely for their club teams, it is of little help when they are unwilling to give any time to a County structure.

The problem about Forums like this is that they always become combative in nature of the entries and tend not to be useful in terms of widening understanding.

The other problem is that individuals posting on here are at least giving their time and stating their opinion in a public forum. problem is when it comes to trying to take forward matter within the ELA Structures no one seems to be arsed!

The whole of the ELA is about to face a huge restructuring and strategic overhaul, surely this is an opportunity for people like Scott and dave to get their ideas and initiatives heard and built into the new format. Instead the input is limited to an exchange on here which I know is either not read, or simply ignored by many of the powers that be.

WACS 10's last comment is totally wrong, Dave is not trying to support and develop a successful County structure, he is promoting an alternative that detracts from what the counties are suppossed to do.

Tell you what, I am meeting with Waggy prior to the next MPC when there should be a clearer picture of the ELA decisions on restructuring. After that we will post details on here of a time date and location for everyone who actually has got an opinion, ideas and a commitment to developing a meaningful County structure can come and have their say, before anything is formally put to Lancs and Cheshire, does that seem reasonable?

Return to “UK Northern”