ProLaxShop

Flags Weekend

Play in the Northern Divisions? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
Curly
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:53 pm
gender: Male

Flags Weekend

Postby Curly Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Has the itinerary for the flags finals weekend been published yet? If not done with all correct teams do we at least know when which cups will be played on which days (juniors and seniors). Ta duckies!
User avatar
Sour37
Posts: 2636
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:23 am
gender: Male
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Contact:

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby Sour37 Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:41 pm

It's usually on the back of the tickets and they were out ages ago... Obviously don't have them to hand though
Two Up!
User avatar
gazmanofhull
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 11:37 am
gender: Male
Location: Hull, East Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby gazmanofhull Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:45 pm

Saturday 9th April
10:00 Under 16s Plate
11:00 Under 12s Plate
12:00 Stockport Cup (Prem 2)
13:00 Under 14s Centurians Cup
14:00 David Beesley Cup (North 2)
15:00 Junior Flags (North 1)

Sunday 10th April
10:00 Under 14s Plate
11:00 Under 12s Onondaga Cup
12:00 Lancashire Cup (Prem 3)
13:00 Under 16s Junior & Schools Cup
14:00 Nigel Wayne Trophy (North 3))
15:00 Senior Flags (Prem 1)
Chairman & LDO, Hull Lacrosse Club
YCLA Committee Member

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hull_lacrosse_club/
User avatar
Dining Room
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:00 pm
gender: Male
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby Dining Room Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:34 am

Rochdale LC had a scrum-down last night to discuss the work gone in so far. Quality vendors, more inside space, more volunteers to ensure things run smoothly and the pitches are looking in mint condition! Watch this space. RLC
I was once part of the winning Pop Lacrosse team that defeated Wigan in the 1992 Greater Manchester Youth Games.

Here's a 150 second video about how to earn more money with me

http://www.telecomplus.co.uk/biz/videodir/home.taf?exref=C58612
User avatar
davidmcculloch81
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2070
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:45 pm
gender: Male

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby davidmcculloch81 Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:35 am

Dining Room wrote:Rochdale LC had a scrum-down last night


Did Jimmy's team win?
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE
_______________

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
montygom
League Mod
League Mod
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:38 pm
gender: Female

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby montygom Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:24 pm

davidmcculloch81 wrote:Did Jimmy's team win?


Jimmy was his own team and yes he won
User avatar
Waggy
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:00 pm
gender: Male

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby Waggy Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:17 pm

montygom wrote:
davidmcculloch81 wrote:Did Jimmy's team win?


Jimmy was his own team and yes he won


he did fallout with himself in the process
User avatar
orange05
League Mod
League Mod
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:55 pm
gender: Male

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby orange05 Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:45 pm

gazmanofhull wrote:Saturday 9th April
10:00 Under 16s Plate
11:00 Under 12s Plate
12:00 Stockport Cup (Prem 2)
13:00 Under 14s Centurians Cup
14:00 David Beesley Cup (North 2)
15:00 Junior Flags (North 1)



Following the League restructuring, presumably the Stockport Cup (Prem 2) is now more prestigious than the Junior Flags (North 1), so shouldn't that be the 'marquee' game at 3.00pm on the Saturday?
User avatar
Waggy
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:00 pm
gender: Male

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby Waggy Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:34 am

orange05 wrote:
gazmanofhull wrote:Saturday 9th April
10:00 Under 16s Plate
11:00 Under 12s Plate
12:00 Stockport Cup (Prem 2)
13:00 Under 14s Centurians Cup
14:00 David Beesley Cup (North 2)
15:00 Junior Flags (North 1)



Following the League restructuring, presumably the Stockport Cup (Prem 2) is now more prestigious than the Junior Flags (North 1), so shouldn't that be the 'marquee' game at 3.00pm on the Saturday?


The Marquee will be full of beer and bacon butties so the game will have to go on the pitch like all the others :wink:
User avatar
the pom
Posts: 815
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:28 am
gender: Male
Location: the moor

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby the pom Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:54 am

orange05 wrote:Following the League restructuring, presumably the Stockport Cup (Prem 2) is now more prestigious than the Junior Flags (North 1), so shouldn't that be the 'marquee' game at 3.00pm on the Saturday?


In an ideal world yes, but north 1 is easily of a comparable standard probably stronger in depth than prem 2 (the reason it was allegedly created was that the 2nd teams in the old 1st were to strong and always blocked the promotion spots for the teams now in prem 2)
also there is likley to be a bigger turn out for a Nemla 1 match as others from the same clubs 1st,3rd,4th teams ect would turn up to support

Also it is the Flags week end and therefore the flags comps

You would not suggest prem 3 is also up there above Nemla 1,2 and possibly 3 for the same reason.
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
User avatar
orange05
League Mod
League Mod
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:55 pm
gender: Male

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby orange05 Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Yeah, I can see why they restructured the League, but just think club First teams should take precedence over club A and B teams. I take your point about Prem 3, but if we're serious about expanding the game, the focus should probably be on First teams, not clubs' lower teams.

And aren't they talking about switching the trophies next season anyway, so that Prem 2 teams play for the Junior Flags?
User avatar
LivTeamJones26
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:26 pm
gender: Male
Location: Liverpool

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby LivTeamJones26 Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:17 pm

the pom wrote:You would not suggest prem 3 is also up there above Nemla 1,2 and possibly 3 for the same reason.


i'd agree with North 1 and prob 2, but 3??? all are ex div 5 whereas the prem 3 final is between 3rd and 4th in div 4 last year.
might be biased tho.....
Liverpool Lacrosse #5
Liverpool Lacrosse Fixtures Sec 2012-13
User avatar
UKLaxfan
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4109
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:36 pm
gender: Male
Location: Heaton Moor, Stockport
Contact:

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby UKLaxfan Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:03 pm

the pom wrote:
orange05 wrote:Following the League restructuring, presumably the Stockport Cup (Prem 2) is now more prestigious than the Junior Flags (North 1), so shouldn't that be the 'marquee' game at 3.00pm on the Saturday?


In an ideal world yes, but north 1 is easily of a comparable standard probably stronger in depth than prem 2 (the reason it was allegedly created was that the 2nd teams in the old 1st were to strong and always blocked the promotion spots for the teams now in prem 2)
also there is likley to be a bigger turn out for a Nemla 1 match as others from the same clubs 1st,3rd,4th teams ect would turn up to support

Also it is the Flags week end and therefore the flags comps

You would not suggest prem 3 is also up there above Nemla 1,2 and possibly 3 for the same reason.


Premiership 2 is the second tier of lacrosse in NEMLA,

The Junior Flags should be for Prem 2 as should the main game for Festival Saturday

North 1 is a reserve team league

The purpose of the restructure was to create a first team only league so clubs couldn't load teams and so that promotion and relegation would not be blocked by teams from the same club.
User avatar
Sour37
Posts: 2636
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:23 am
gender: Male
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Contact:

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby Sour37 Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:41 pm

Isn't the "junior" trophy generally contended by second teams in other sports anyway?

Why shouldn't it be the N1 trophy?

Makes more sense than Newcastle or hull being in the Lancashire cup!
Two Up!
User avatar
the pom
Posts: 815
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:28 am
gender: Male
Location: the moor

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby the pom Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:43 pm

Yes but they were being blocked by better teams otherwise they would not be blocked.

It is just in words the second league it was done so weaker teams could progress higher quicker.

Any way the nemla 3 leagues with all it cry off and distances will kill off all the new teams trying to get a start (I feel for teams like Chester a couple of years in the old div 5 then 4 would have been an easier start) this will fold in a few years so new teams will then have to enter prem 2 and this will become brand new teams verses teams just down from the prem same will happen then lax will revert to the old format with less teams.

Mark my words will take about 5 years or so

Also there is history of the a teams competing for the junior flags may be a new comp should be created like the prem 2 cup.
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
User avatar
young_trig
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1823
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:44 am
gender: Male

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby young_trig Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:57 pm

the pom wrote:In an ideal world yes, but north 1 is easily of a comparable standard probably stronger in depth than prem 2 (the reason it was allegedly created was that the 2nd teams in the old 1st were to strong and always blocked the promotion spots for the teams now in prem 2)
also there is likley to be a bigger turn out for a Nemla 1 match as others from the same clubs 1st,3rd,4th teams ect would turn up to support

Also it is the Flags weekend and therefore the flags comps

You would not suggest prem 3 is also up there above Nemla 1,2 and possibly 3 for the same reason.


Pom, it isn't the Flags weekend. Its actually the Festival Weekend.

It seems that you have a lot of views against the league restructure and you like to air them here on the forum.
Maybe you should have attended the Players Forum which is held at Heaton Mersey every couple of months, and you could have expressed these opinions which you seem to repeat every 2 to 3 posts. You can hardly use the excuse that it wasn't at your local club.

Can I suggest that you add it to your signature. That way you won't have to keep retyping it :wink:
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
User avatar
UKLacrosse
Posts: 747
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:44 pm
gender: Male

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby UKLacrosse Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:22 pm

young_trig wrote:Pom, it isn't the Flags weekend. Its actually the Festival Weekend.

It seems that you have a lot of views against the league restructure and you like to air them here on the forum.
Maybe you should have attended the Players Forum which is held at Heaton Mersey every couple of months, and you could have expressed these opinions which you seem to repeat every 2 to 3 posts. You can hardly use the excuse that it wasn't at your local club.

Can I suggest that you add it to your signature. That way you won't have to keep retyping it :wink:


I would make a guess that 90% of people refer to it as the Flags, even the juniors!
Airing views at the forum hardly seemed to matter Trig, as it was clear that the ELA, through the MPC, would impose change on NEMLA regardless. Wonder why? Heard other reasons additional to those you cite but its all by the way now. We have to live with what we've got.
Warrior Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
Brine Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel
www.uklacrosse.com
User avatar
davidmcculloch81
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2070
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:45 pm
gender: Male

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby davidmcculloch81 Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:35 pm

People taking pleasure out of failure makes me sad.

The restructure is in its infancy; nothing has yet been proved and you're already talking up your "I told you so" argument.

That is so depressing.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE
_______________

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
User avatar
the pom
Posts: 815
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:28 am
gender: Male
Location: the moor

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby the pom Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Trig signature sorted

I take no pleasure out of lacrosse losing out that is why I put forward my point of view which I believe to be correct (it may not be though.)

And yes I probably should have gone to some of these meetings but it is over a 5 min walk to the club from my house so i cannot be expected to make that kind of sacrifice.
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
User avatar
UKLacrosse
Posts: 747
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:44 pm
gender: Male

Re: Flags Weekend

Postby UKLacrosse Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:07 pm

davidmcculloch81 wrote:People taking pleasure out of failure makes me sad.

The restructure is in its infancy; nothing has yet been proved and you're already talking up your "I told you so" argument.

That is so depressing.


Why do people always assume its 'taking pleasure' and 'its a 'I told you so'?
That's a very defensive and negative approach for starters Davo.
Warrior Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel

Brine Lacrosse Equipment & Apparel

www.uklacrosse.com

Return to “UK Northern”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register

Recent Topics