ProLaxShop

Results 20/3

Play in the Northern Divisions? Post Here.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
young_trig

Re:

Postby young_trig Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:48 am

Moaning Git wrote:
Well, that may be the kind of thing that clubs might try to arrange amongst themselves but surely it isn't an ELU rule?

I wont swear to it as I have not got a copy of the NEMLA bye laws to hand, but I think there is a byelaw which says that if a pitch is unplayable and the opposition offer their resources then the venue should be switched. But this is only if the exchange is viable. In my opinion York should not concede the match but report the circumstances to the fixtures secretary and NEMLA will decide what happens.

I think NEMLA recently advised all clubs to enforce this rule to ensure that all games are played where possible.
However, its an unfair rule for clubs based outside of manchester. Its not a simple case of just travelling 20 minutes up the road to get to another ground. II fell there should be a clause in the rule which states that the rule is only enforced when the distance between the 2 grounds is less than a certain amount, 20miles, say.

Anyway, I'm sure that HMG won't wish to get points this way and will do the right thing. Shame on them if not.
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
toonlax

Postby toonlax Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:53 pm

I think it all depends when the pitch became waterlogged, whether it was anticipated, the level of communication between the clubs.
Newcastle upon Tyne LC Founder
NuTLax@hotmail.com
Newcastle Uni. Founder/Coach
Gin & Juice No. 56
Netherlands '04
Princeton Day School 1997-2000
gazmanofhull

Postby gazmanofhull Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:08 pm

Well at 11am yesterday I was all set to drive up there and watch with our game being off. At 11:30, I was told that York had been rung by there groundsman to inform them that there pitch was waterlogged and unsuitable. So I doubt there was any prior knowledge that the game would be off
Chairman & LDO, Hull Lacrosse Club
YCLA Committee Member

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hull_lacrosse_club/
whopead

Postby whopead Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:25 pm

Boardman 8 Nottingham 5

Decent game today...went with 11 expecting a pasting in the rain. rain stopped and we played well. thoroughly enjoyable game today despite losing.
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
Harry Collins

Re:

Postby Harry Collins Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:39 pm

gazmanofhull wrote:Well at 11am yesterday I was all set to drive up there and watch with our game being off. At 11:30, I was told that York had been rung by there groundsman to inform them that there pitch was waterlogged and unsuitable. So I doubt there was any prior knowledge that the game would be off

That wouldn't surprise me at all...

Trevor the groundsman strikes again.
Hillcroft #41
Viking lax #14
Ex-Brooklands #14
Ex-York #14
webby

Re: Re:

Postby webby Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:17 pm

Harry Collins wrote:
gazmanofhull wrote:Well at 11am yesterday I was all set to drive up there and watch with our game being off. At 11:30, I was told that York had been rung by there groundsman to inform them that there pitch was waterlogged and unsuitable. So I doubt there was any prior knowledge that the game would be off

That wouldn't surprise me at all...

Trevor the groundsman strikes again.

Ah, so there is a benefit of having to maintain our own pitch then!

NEMLA have recently insisted that teams must complete their fixtures, and if your pitch is deemed unplayable, the game must be moved to your opponent's field (if that is playable).

However, like Gilly said, this is very harsh on teams outside of Manchester. I would not want to have to try ad organise a team friday night/saturday morning to travel 3 hours down to Manchester/Hull, or have the other team do the same. As an example, a few of our players this week went home to Manchester mid week, and had no real way of getting up here if the game had been switched to our ground last minute. Surely York can make a decent case to NEMLA, and play the game on a sunday later this season?

Thanks again to Heaton Mersey C and props to your groundsmen, the pitch held up well despite the rain!
Sheffield University 2005-2008
Northumbria University 2008-2011
Newcastle upon Tyne 2008-Present
http://www.nutlax.com
Sour37

Postby Sour37 Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:06 pm

It was talked about, but i'm not sure if it was ever confirmed - Matt said he was going to propose it...but whether it got through or not....i dont know
Two Up!
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:20 pm

If it was confirmed then the thing to do is not let the other side know the pitch is unplayable, let them travel all the way to your ground and then have the home ref declare it as unfit to play on the prematch inspection. Then it will be too late to switch the match and it will have to be rearranged. Of course noone would have to do that if a sensible approach has been adopted, as I am sure it must have been!

Checked the Minutes of NEMLA and the Open Forum meetings held in Feb and published on the ELA website and nothing mentioned there!
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:04 am

Double checked tonight, the change has been proposed but not discussed or adopted. The match venue switch is not compulsory and so I hope that noone has been accidently mislead given the published result
P Davidson

Re:

Postby P Davidson Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Moaning Git wrote:
Well, that may be the kind of thing that clubs might try to arrange amongst themselves but surely it isn't an ELU rule?

I wont swear to it as I have not got a copy of the NEMLA bye laws to hand, but I think there is a byelaw which says that if a pitch is unplayable and the opposition offer their resources then the venue should be switched. But this is only if the exchange is viable. In my opinion York should not concede the match but report the circumstances to the fixtures secretary and NEMLA will decide what happens.

That certainly used to be the rule, but it is my understanding that the rule was changed 2 or 3 seasons ago following a dispute between Sheffield and Boardman.
When you play a perfect game I'll call one!
cheekylaxstuff

Postby cheekylaxstuff Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:01 pm

I recall that incident somewhere as well,

Was it Brooklands wasn't fit , yet refused to travel as unsafe , or the opposite way around
Jewellery,Wooden Shafts,Lacrosse Antiques,Lax Art * Random kit
Ketts19

Re:

Postby Ketts19 Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:27 pm

cheekylaxstuff wrote:I recall that incident somewhere as well,

Was it Brooklands wasn't fit , yet refused to travel as unsafe , or the opposite way around

I don't remember Brooklands having any influence in a Sheffield vs Boardman fixture Pud :wink:
Jedi Lax #19

Some people are beyond help....myself included

Return to “UK Northern”