Discuss womens lacrosse rules here

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
LaxQueen123

Half way line for GOALIES

Postby LaxQueen123 Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi.
Im in a Under 13 Womens Lacrosse team and Im the goalie and have been for 2 years.
We had a match today and I ran up the field with the ball in my stick but I dont know if I can cross the halfway line? And also, me and my coach had a little disargeement because I think if I run out to get the ball I cant run back in the the crease/ goalies circle with the ball, or put the ball back into the crease and go in. My coach says you can, but he plays mens as well so please answer so I can improve my skills.
We play proper womens lacrosse, not a kiddies version or whatever lol.

PLEASE REPLY AS I NEED TO PRACTICE MY RUNNING OUT.
mandy
Admin
Admin

Postby mandy Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:12 pm

halfway line? what half way line? you're not allowed to cross your attcking restraining line, but there ain't no half way line in ladies

and the second one - you can't reenter your crease with the ball, but you can roll / throw the ball back in step in and then pick the ball up. if you leave your crease with the ball it must be played by someone else before you can get in inside your crease again (ie couldn't roll in pick up hold for 9 secs step out roll back in....)
ahhh ... the whit
mully

Postby mully Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:19 am

There used to be an imaginary half way line that goalie can't cross when I was at school, but that was 10 years ago... They've scrapped that since introducing restraining line.

Absolutely right, you can't run back into the goal with the ball in your stick, you gotta roll it in then follow or let another defense go in and pick it up. ( and say if you picked up a ground ball sitting outside the crease, with your legs still inside the crease, you still have to roll the ball back in. Your best bet is keep the momentum and run away with the ball)
ladies goalkeeper for hire
robbo

Re:

Postby robbo Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:45 pm

mully wrote:and say if you picked up a ground ball sitting outside the crease, with your legs still inside the crease, you still have to roll the ball back in. Your best bet is keep the momentum and run away with the ball

Not quite - the ball can be picked up provided the GK is entirely in the goal circle. (Rule 17.A.3.d)

In addition to Mandy's point, the GK can play the ball back into the goal circle if an opposition player's stick has made contact with her crosse. The check doesn't have to be successful - there just needs to be contact. (Rule 17.5)
mandy
Admin
Admin

Re: Re:

Postby mandy Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:21 am

robbo wrote:
mully wrote:and say if you picked up a ground ball sitting outside the crease, with your legs still inside the crease, you still have to roll the ball back in. Your best bet is keep the momentum and run away with the ball

Not quite - the ball can be picked up provided the GK is entirely in the goal circle. (Rule 17.A.3.d)

In addition to Mandy's point, the GK can play the ball back into the goal circle if an opposition player's stick has made contact with her crosse. The check doesn't have to be successful - there just needs to be contact. (Rule 17.5)

so many jokes so little time
ahhh ... the whit
LaxQueen123

Postby LaxQueen123 Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:53 pm

Thanks people. :)
Its helped me alot.
dizzy

Re: Re:

Postby dizzy Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:45 am

robbo wrote:

This one came up for me recently, and now I'm not sure that you are right. The rule reads that the goalie must not be grounded outside of the crease. If her stick touches the floor outside of the crease to pick up the ball must she therefore roll the ball back in??

Return to “Womens Lacrosse Rules”