Discuss womens lacrosse rules here

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
chippie

To many player on field

Postby chippie Wed May 14, 2008 10:37 am

Rob....

what would happen and what are the outcomes of in possession, not in possession, goal scored?
"Train to win, Play to win" "Shoot first. Ask questions later"

"the way to beat a tight crease is a quick stick"

It's not the team with the best athletes, it's the athlete's with the best team

My views and opinions are my own and do not reflect views or opinions of any other club, organisation, institution.
robbo

Postby robbo Wed May 14, 2008 2:16 pm

Good question...

It would be called as an illegal substitution. In an ideal situation here's what would happen:

In possession:
Immediate horn from the scorer to alert the umpires. Whistle, player removed from field and posession awarded the other way.

Not in possession:
On change in posession, or ball out of bounds, scorer would sound horn, and posession would be retained by non-offending team (assuming it is not cancelled out by a major foul).

On a goal:
Nightmare! If the goal was scored by the non-offending team then the gaol stands. If the goal was scored by the offending team then goal would be ruled out, and posession given to GK in circle. The problem here is obviosuly it is very difficult to identify who has come onto the field as a line change, and who was on originally, thus making it difficult to tell whether there were too many players on the field in the first place!

Will double check the above, when I get near a rulebook / reference manual!
robbo

Postby robbo Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:16 pm

Just checked, and too many players on the field is penalised as an illegal substitution

Return to “Womens Lacrosse Rules”