ProLaxShop

Faceoff head?

Want any advice on equipment? Or to review a piece of equipment? This is the place

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
CheyenneLax

Faceoff head?

Postby CheyenneLax Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:16 pm

I'm a FOGO/2nd string Middie and I need a head that has plenty of flex for faceoffs yet is light and durable for regular play. I'm interested in a Warrior Emperor or a warrior evo pro 2.0. I'm also considering a Proton Power, but I don't know how it'll hold up on faceoffs. Advice, anyone??
Tank91

Re: Faceoff head?

Postby Tank91 Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:03 pm

Its all personal preference really. I wouldn't advise an Evo Pro 2.0 as the Evo's tend to warp after faceoffs. Any of the heads from the Blade series is worth the money, especially an OG Blade if you can find one. Professors are decent too.
CheyenneLax

Postby CheyenneLax Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Well thanks so much for the help! Blades are a little too pricy for me so I think I'll stick with the Emperor
CoyoteLJW

Postby CoyoteLJW Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:06 pm

I love Proton Powers for face-offs, perfect flex and never worried it will break and the almost always bounce back to original/near original shape. Might get a little warped over time but thats life as a fogo. The only thing that might give you issues is getting the stringing right so the ball doesn't get trapped in the back of the stick other than that you can't go too wrong with a PP. I have a Blade Pro but by comparison it isn't nearly as flexible so not as good for plunging but not a bad face-off head.
CheyenneLax

Postby CheyenneLax Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:01 am

How is the proton for faceoffs in comparison to the super power?
CoyoteLJW

Postby CoyoteLJW Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:30 am

I don't have a super power and haven't used one myself. But I have seen other peoples and they seem to warp a little bit worse and a little more quickly ei. they pinch in. Having said that if you did get a super power you would have to worry less about the stringing trapping the ball. It would be interesting to see if there is a huge difference but to be honest i think its going to be a preference thing. Another head thats pretty good is the Tribe 7 Ghost 7, its turbo light and flex, doesn't initially spring back straight away but once its broken in a bit more its pretty darn good!
CheyenneLax

Postby CheyenneLax Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:56 am

Fair enough
bonds22

Postby bonds22 Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:24 am

I love Proton Powers for face-offs, perfect flex and never worried it will break and the almost always bounce back to original/near original shape. Might get a little warped over time but thats life as a fogo.

Return to “Discussion”