ProLaxShop

Eastons new heads

Want any advice on equipment? Or to review a piece of equipment? This is the place

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
ajxblank

Eastons new heads

Postby ajxblank Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:23 am

Has anyone tryedc out Eastons new heads. is the angle ajustment worth how much they cost?
lax_mad_webborn

Re: Eastons new heads

Postby lax_mad_webborn Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:19 pm

My mate has one arriving in a week or 2. Shall post up what I think of it when it arrives.
CWEBBORN
Hawks #16 07 - Present
Wales Development Squad 2010 #21
Wales U19 World Championships 2008 #26
Wales U19 Squad Finland 2012 #16
Moo

Postby Moo Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:53 pm

I have one.

Its a bit of a gimmick.. they look super sweet and come really well strung from the factory.. I've found the pinch is quite wide (wider than I'm used too) but surprisingly the tilt does actually work.. I have used it in training and it makes a difference. I keep thinking that I should train to be more consistent rather than adjusting my head though..

Depends what your after. If you're looking to spend a bit of money and dont mind buying a bit of new kit then go and get one to try. A lot of people love it but I've not heard of many that hate it yet :/

Moo.
Northampton University (2008 - 2009) - Number 42
Oxford Brookes University (2009 - 2012) - Number 3
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:07 pm

a gimmick! shock horror!

When all the top level players are using them i'll consider it. Until then train harder.
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
webby

Postby webby Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Mr.Stanford wrote:a gimmick! shock horror!

When all the top level players are using them i'll consider it. Until then train harder.

What about the Powell brothers? :)

Depends what you mean by top level players. A lot of the top players in the US use equipment provided by sponsors. Its not necessarily because the equipment is the best there is. The same can be said for any sponsored athlete/team in any sport.

The idea behind the adjustable head is similar to that head that was released 3 or 4 years ago that used different strength rubber bands to adjust give and whip. Those heads died out pretty quickly, as have many other gimmicks. Do people really need to fine tune their sticks that much?! We're not shooting rifles here. There are so many factors involved.
Mort rotu

Postby Mort rotu Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:52 pm

If they do one without the adjustable bit and with the cross bracing I'd probably give one a go as a D head.
Currently M.I.A. - I'll be back.
Soton Uni #33 05-12
Soton Uni Secretary 09-11
Kyri

Postby Kyri Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:28 pm

webby wrote:
Mr.Stanford wrote:a gimmick! shock horror!

What about the Powell brothers? :)

Powell brothers used them in the Powell Hour show at the US Lacrosse Convention but in the recent Champions Challenge between team USA and Denver Uni, Im pretty sure Casey Powell was using a brine clutch.
webby

Postby webby Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Kyri wrote:
Powell brothers used them in the Powell Hour show at the US Lacrosse Convention but in the recent Champions Challenge between team USA and Denver Uni, Im pretty sure Casey Powell was using a brine clutch.

I was being a little pedantic. Casey and Mikey Powell are individually sponsored by Easton.

Solid observational skills though, but you forgot that Team USA is sponsored by Warrior/Brine. Hence why Paul Rabil wasn't strutting around Manchester in Maverik gear in 2010.

That's like saying RBK make the best box helmets/gloves/sticks/pads cause all NLL players choose them...
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Easton Heads - Northern Soul Sportswear have them in stock.

I will have some with me at Southern County Tournament 31st March, SEMLA Flags 21st April and SEMLA Sices 28th April and for those up North go to the Showroom at Mossley or we will be at Stockport Easter Eights

Return to “Discussion”