ProLaxShop

I need some opinions on different heads

Want any advice on equipment? Or to review a piece of equipment? This is the place

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Laxaholic2

I need some opinions on different heads

Postby Laxaholic2 Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:24 am

I currently play with a brine swerve. I played with the warrior finalizer. I'm actually thinking about buying a warrior helix. What do you guys think about those? Should I stick with the swerve? Opinion on helix? And any other really good heads you recommend? I play middie
Aico

Re: I need some opinions on different heads

Postby Aico Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:39 am

The Warrior Cobra is the best out there right now. Tight pinch with an aggresive release. There happens to be one for sale on the selling forum.
DanSawyer

Postby DanSawyer Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:11 pm

There's a coincidence!
:)
mark1989

Postby mark1989 Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:23 pm

If you're looking at a new warrior heads I wouldn't bother with the helix, i think the reverse flair is a bit of a gimmic and there are better heads. I'd recommend a revo pro or a revo 2.0. The pro is very pinched if you like that, the 2.0 isn't so pinched. They're sturdy and not too heavy. Very nice heads. Alternatively i've got some new warrior stiffis for sale on here right now quite cheap. The one i'm using has really impressed me. Very durable and play really nicely.
Princess

Postby Princess Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Its all opinion and throwing etc is mostly the stringing, try out as many as possible depends what your looking for and what compliments your game. Offensive players tend to opt for pinched and defenders dont depends what sort of middy you are.

Our face chappy loves the helix others love the revolver or proton power its all horses for courses. Helix is durrable and pinched never heard anything bad about them
Blues #8
Aberystwyth Alumni

SAY NO TO BRO
Laxaholic2

Postby Laxaholic2 Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:29 am

I'm more of an offensive middie. I do face-offs every once in awhile. I average 7 goals a game. I also thought about Maybe buying the proton power but I'm just so undecided. I used a helix in our states game, and scored 5 goals with it. But I also used my coaches proton power an scored 6. Also, what are your guys opinions on rock-it pockets?
julius125

Postby julius125 Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:03 pm

Don't choose a head based on how many goals you can score with it, that's down to how you play. Think more about which one you preferred to play with. For example which felt easier to cradle with, which held onto the ball better, and which had the better release when you shot. Try and narrow down your options from there, if anything buy both heads if you're really struggling to choose between the Helix and Proton Power!

It is mainly down to the stringing of the stick, because no matter how expensive or popular the head is, it's worthless if the string job doesn't work. The string job should be down to your style of play, giving you the right balance between hold and a good release. I'm an offensive midfielder too, and I string my stick with standard hard mesh, mid-high pocket, and with some whip so it has a snappy release when I pass or shoot, and that works perfectly for me, you might wanna try it.

Obviously things like rock-it pockets are great to try out, they're more personal and specific to the position you play. If it matches you and your style there's no problem with using it. For example I tried out an MFL hi-ball pocket on the new Optimus7 heads, specified for dodgers and shooters, and I fell in love with it! But it didn't quite match my style, and the scoop of the stick I couldn't work with, so don't use it in games.

Just keep looking and trying things out! if you find something just right for you, stick with it, but of course can keep experimenting with new stuff, have some fun! :D
fight, dress your wounds, then fight again...

Croydon #51
Kent Lacrosse #51

Any views expressed by 'julius125' are not necessarily those held by Croydon Lacrosse Club, who should not be held responsible for any offence that may be interpreted from my posts on any forums.
julius125

Postby julius125 Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:07 pm

As for recommendations, I swear by the Brine Voyce, recently strung up a Gait Shockwave for a friend which turned out an awesome stick, and tried a Harrow Crossbow once which was really sweet.
fight, dress your wounds, then fight again...

Croydon #51
Kent Lacrosse #51

Any views expressed by 'julius125' are not necessarily those held by Croydon Lacrosse Club, who should not be held responsible for any offence that may be interpreted from my posts on any forums.

Return to “Discussion”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register