ProLaxShop

Lacrosse kit

Want any advice on equipment? Or to review a piece of equipment? This is the place

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
simon27

Lacrosse kit

Postby simon27 Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:37 pm

Ive just started playing lacrosse for my university team and hope to play for the second team next year and therefore need kit. However i dont have that much money.
Can anybody recommend any cheap starter kit which would be suitable?
Aico

Re: Lacrosse kit

Postby Aico Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Buy used equipment. That's cheapest. Don't buy beginnersgear since that's a waste of money.
PiotreX

Postby PiotreX Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Depends on how basic the beginner gear is I think, some stuff isn't half bad.
An STX AV8 head could easily work for a long time, and people say that with a little pinch it resembles the all famous Proton Power. The alu shaft it comes with will probably last about a season too.
The Warrior Adrenaline pads are quite a bargain too IMO, don't know about the gloves. But I'd definitely recommend some Warrior Hypnos 1/2/3 for instance. Good basic gloves that will last you a few seasons. Don't be cheap for gloves mind you.
Since helmets are the most expensive piece, you might want to get one second hand, or save up for a new CLH2 at least. I had a Warrior Pro-Z once, it was a good helmet if a bit heavy compared to Cascades.

Take Care,
Piotr
I like to string and I like to help my fellow stringers. Drop me a line if you need help, be it stringing mesh pockets, custom pockets, repairs etc.
bobby09

Postby bobby09 Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:58 pm

PiotreX wrote:An STX AV8 head could easily work for a long time, and people say that with a little pinch it resembles the all famous Proton Power. The alu shaft it comes with will probably last about a season too.

I can back this up iv got my av8 still from 2 years ago. pinched it practically the same as a pp, the mesh that comes with it is awful though. The shaft is pretty stong for a alu shaft unlike warrior, stx went from a bit more thickness so it hold up pretty well.
whopead

Postby whopead Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Warrior Hypnos are pretty decent gloves for the price, my pair of Hypno 1s lasted a while. about £40 to.
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
Demus

Postby Demus Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:04 am

As far as helmets is concerned, I would guess one way or another you should be able to find Cpro's/Cascade helmets fairly cheap.

Getting good gloves IMO makes the most difference, make sure the helmet fits and reasonable arm pads. Then consider if you want shoulder pads or rib pads. Beginner sticks tend to vary quite a bit but I imagine the above comments on the AV8 would hold out.

Second hand tends to be a decent way to get good kit cheap.
http://www.monstermesh.co.uk - The Best for Mesh! (and now also scandium shafts,heads, gloves, balls, dye and tape!)
jd295

Postby jd295 Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Speak to your old boys about second hand kit. Chances are there will be someone graduating who will want to sell off what they have.

Return to “Discussion”