ProLaxShop

Warrior Krypto vs others for defence

Want any advice on equipment? Or to review a piece of equipment? This is the place

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Blackwell32

Warrior Krypto vs others for defence

Postby Blackwell32 Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:11 pm

A Warrior Krypto pole is readily available but I am trying not to buy warrior if I can help it. Any ideas?
Tom_Southampton

Postby Tom_Southampton Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:10 pm

STX scandium/axe wouldn#t be a bad idea
obviously if you want to avoid warrior then Brine is out as well. Otherwise there are all the numerous smaller manufacturers (Gait in the UK probably falls in this category)

Have to say can't fault my Krypto pole (if only it hadn't been borrowed)
Southampton Uni #35 2003-2008
Southampton Sabres #35 2008-----
South Unis #6 (once)
webby

Postby webby Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:52 pm

I have no complaints with any of my STX scandiums, even the one dating back to 2000 is only slightly bent. The others are still in great condition. I find if you go for the mid to high-mid range you get the best pole for your pound.

That being said I have no complaints about my krypto short sticks. If you do end up going for a krypto pole, most recommend staying away from the Pro as they are designed to be lighter, and therefore slightly thinner and more likely to bend/dent.
Sheffield University 2005-2008
Northumbria University 2008-2011
Newcastle upon Tyne 2008-Present
http://www.nutlax.com
Blackwell32

Postby Blackwell32 Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:54 pm

Anyone know much about Scorpion? Other than how difficult they are to get hold of and their cost...
stashuado

Postby stashuado Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:23 am

I've got an STX Axe, the old (blue, not orange) one. I couldn't be happier with it - 2 and a bit full seasons and not a ping or dent on it anywhere. I had an STX Titanium, that was ok, but it bent quite easily, very disappointing. I'd fully recommend an Axe.

As for Scorpion, I'm sure I read somewhere on forums that they folded as a company. Best double check that.
Ex York #56
Viking Lax #56
Brooklands #31
webby

Re:

Postby webby Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:56 am

stashuado wrote:I've got an STX Axe, the old (blue, not orange) one. I couldn't be happier with it - 2 and a bit full seasons and not a ping or dent on it anywhere. I had an STX Titanium, that was ok, but it bent quite easily, very disappointing. I'd fully recommend an Axe.

As for Scorpion, I'm sure I read somewhere on forums that they folded as a company. Best double check that.

My STX Titanium bent within a few months of playing and is now bent in a nice S shape.

Scorpion are still going, but they stopped making their highest level D pole (the genesis) as it was too expensive to manufacture. They still make their others, and I've heard nothing but good things about them. Talk to Demus (Nick) on here who runs monstermesh.co.uk and stocks Scorpion poles.
Sheffield University 2005-2008
Northumbria University 2008-2011
Newcastle upon Tyne 2008-Present
http://www.nutlax.com
stashuado

Postby stashuado Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:47 am

I sawed my Titanium down after it bent, made £90 from the 2 halves. :wink:
Ex York #56
Viking Lax #56
Brooklands #31
kiddo

Re: Warrior Krypto vs others for defence

Postby kiddo Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:10 pm

Blackwell32 wrote:A Warrior Krypto pole is readily available but I am trying not to buy warrior if I can help it. Any ideas?

whats wrong with warrior? Id say its a really goood long stick, few people on my team have them...pretty light and strong. My shorty has only a tiny ding and iv had it going on 3 years.

Return to “Discussion”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register