ProLaxShop

New Gloves

Want any advice on equipment? Or to review a piece of equipment? This is the place

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Chowder

New Gloves

Postby Chowder Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:44 pm

Hey, sorry if this is repetitive or boring, but i'm looking to buy some new gloves soon, and i would be grateful if anyone had any advice.

I'm looking at the King 2s and the Superflys at the moment. One of the things is my hands are on the smaller size of the 13s, def too big for 12s but generally fairly average so would be good to know how the gloves fit and shape to your hand/how bulky you find them to be.

Am also wondering if anyone knows anything about the new 2010 gloves like the Warrior sugar daddys and brine vengeance, thriller and shakedowns, think they're all new and out soon, whether they are any good or worth waiting for, when they're coming out, anything like that would be awesome

Cheers
Chowder

Postby Chowder Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:46 pm

oh yeah, also, forgot to mention, may sound stupid but one of the things that would put me off the king 2s is i find them really ugly, anyone got any opinions on that, are they different/alright in the flesh, is it a bit childish to think like that/should ignore that?
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:14 am

the brine kings have a very snug fit. So if standard 13 are a little to big they should fit niceley.

As for ugly... well there's no accounting for taste i guess.
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
Raptor_attack

Postby Raptor_attack Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:36 am

Kings or Kings II are definitely the way forward.

I used to use 12" Defts for that snug fit, I get the same fit from 13" Kings.

And the way a lot of people on here rate the Kings, you must have a different taste to everyone else. Like those who go for gingers or BBW :lol:
Live and Let (crease)Dive
ex-Southampton City Sabres #8
Reading Wildcats #xxx
'Instruo pro gloria'
Sour37

Postby Sour37 Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:36 am

apart from when you're wrong...

kings = fit
Two Up!
jivingjohn

Postby jivingjohn Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:44 am

My mate's got King IIs in Neon Green, I think they look awesome! But then I am a ginger (not a BBW though??)

I'd agree with the snugness factor, I've got Exodus gloves, and again they're snug, but in a good way.

Fits like a glove?
Chowder

Postby Chowder Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:38 am

Hah, wow, unpopular opinion! Don't hate the Kings, just am put off by the metallic looking decals on the knuckles and the king image on the top, not so much my style, although may have to overlook that considering the overwhelming support for them!

Cheers for the thoughts, anyone got any opinions on the superflys? Or any other gloves worth it?
kiddo

Re:

Postby kiddo Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:04 pm

CrowDan wrote:Hah, wow, unpopular opinion! Don't hate the Kings, just am put off by the metallic looking decals on the knuckles and the king image on the top, not so much my style, although may have to overlook that considering the overwhelming support for them!

Cheers for the thoughts, anyone got any opinions on the superflys? Or any other gloves worth it?

i heard you can easily take the king logo off the top.
rob459

Postby rob459 Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:20 pm

i agree kings are ugly. never tried a pair on for fit though...

i bought superflys and they're really good, except the little plastic finger vents break pretty easily which is *** but otherwise theyre amazing.
York Vice-Captain 09-10
Viking Lax #49
webby

Postby webby Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:06 am

King IIs are amazing. Reebok 9Ks are also a snug fit, a little less flexible to start with but at the same time a little more protective. Looks are all personal preference. I for one do not like the look of the superflies, the plastic vents just don't do it for me. Also they fit more loosely, which was the fit of choice a couple years ago until companies started making fighter-fitting models for greater control.
Sheffield University 2005-2008
Northumbria University 2008-2011
Newcastle upon Tyne 2008-Present
http://www.nutlax.com
Chowder

Postby Chowder Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:39 pm

Thanks for all the responses, really helpful, just heard about the new maverik maybach glove coming out, that seems to have potentially cool features, anyone got any idea about them, or other new gloves like the new brines?
webby

Postby webby Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:55 pm

Tried on some Brine Silos which quite a lot of the Brine-sponsored US college teams wear. The protection seemed less than the Kings with minimal gains in flexibility. Don't think they'd last that long in the wet UK weather either as the entire glove is effectively made out of a mesh-like material designed for use in the hot/dry US game.

Have tried all Warrior gloves and I'm not a fan - they all seem quite bulky.
Sheffield University 2005-2008
Northumbria University 2008-2011
Newcastle upon Tyne 2008-Present
http://www.nutlax.com

Return to “Discussion”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register