Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of the ELA men's rules can be found here
mcdj

BUSA league next year!!!

Postby mcdj Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:21 pm

Hi,

With the current growth of University mens lacrosse, we at Durham think that it's time that a BUSA league was set up. This would ensure that all lacrosse teams received regular games and give the game chance to grow even further.

The league would be split into conferences, as the current women's lacrosse conferences are. So we would end up with regions such as: Scotland, North, Midlands, South, and West depending on how many teams would be included in each region. There would then probably be a national knockout/playoff for the teams who come at the top of each league (or something similar). The games would be played on Wednesday afternoons, and there would probably only be 5 or
6 teams in each conference, so it would not interfere with ELA league games at the weekend.

Between myself (Durham University Men's Lacrosse Captain), Quentin Sloper (DUAU President) and Dr. Peter Warburton (Durham University Director of Sport), we would be prepared to put our case forward to BUSA, and to hopefully get a BUSA league running for next season. We will write to BUSA stating our case, and all we need is the signature of every other University Men's Lacrosse Club on that letter.

I hope you realise the benefits of what this could bring, and that you are
prepared to back it. Please could you let me know as soon as possible if you would be prepared to back this idea by emailing me back with a contact phone number so we can get in touch with you easily.

Also, if you have any contact details for other clubs that might not see this posting then please send these as well.
Many thanks,

James Griffiths and Matt Dew-Jones
mandy
Admin
Admin

Postby mandy Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:14 pm

um have you tried the one in the uni section that stretches to 9 pages?

right by here

think you'll find a fair bit of support going by that thread!

it's seriously fantastic news that someone is willing to try to get this off the ground, and from what juiceblue has said near the end it looks like the ELA are already themselves considering an approach to BUSA

to try to keep these forums tidy and this discussion in one place I'm going to lock this thread, please can you post that in the other thread.

Return to “Men's”