Play in a men's team? All men's specific forums can be found here

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of the ELA men's rules can be found here
jstdlax

Improving my game

Postby jstdlax Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:37 am

With the lax season coming to a close and after my first full season as an outfield player (6x Bteam 2xAteam appearances) with an output of 8G 9A, I am looking to improve over the summer and was wondering what PED's people take in the off season?

(some stats may not be fully accurate)
Daveyoc

Re: Improving my game

Postby Daveyoc Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:09 am

Hi Jstdlax,

What you really need to do in order to change those a team and b team appearances around * is to participate in many hours of wall ball per evening at least 2 hours a night, buy a new helmet and gloves so you look like a pro and watch loads of lacrosse in the United States of America. You should also have 3 sticks strung up game ready but restring them every week.

I recommend buying some eye black to increase your vision for those sunny days throughout the winter, and i've heard that sleeping with your lacrosse stick in your bed really increases your playing ability!

Also go to the gym and lift really really heavy weights'

*(so you play 6 games on the A team and 2 on the B)

hope this helps my friend
Rotisserie

Postby Rotisserie Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:19 am

I find that injecting myself with rabies just before a game gives me a huge boost - definitely worth trying!
Knight

Postby Knight Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:31 am

Rotisserie wrote:I find that injecting myself with rabils just before a game gives me a huge boost - definitely worth trying!

*Fixed that for you.
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi jstdlax,
First of all, if you want to improve you have come to the right place. LaxForums is the centre of UK lacrosse excellence.

I would echo all of davey's advice but also recommend that you make regular visits the equipment discussion forums on here. This will ensure that you are fully up-to-date on the latest available 'swag' and that your 'lax stash' is the best.

Further to davey's advice, you can also get these knee band things from Warrior. Not sure what they are for but it should improve your stats.

The only remaining thing I would add is that if you want to be the best then you should try and emulate the best. I'm not sure which club you are from; but if you can get down to Rochdale, they have this guy called Ben Mitchell. I once saw him strip a guy called Ryan Curtis, who was a BEAST.

Good luck with your quest. I'll look out for you in future international squads.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
LPierce

Postby LPierce Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:09 am

All silliness aside there is only one real way to improve your game.

Grow your hair.

If you have mad flow then people know you are not to be messed with. Would YOU try check a guy with long hair sticking out the back of his helmet? Didn't think so.
AUMLC #5 2008-2013
AUMLC Secretary 2011/12
AUMLC Captain 2012/13
Granite City Gladiators #5 2008-2013
Scotland U21 #5 BNCs 2011
Lax Bandicoot #5
Yorkshire #5 BNCs 2012
Wilmslow #55 2013-

All posts by this user are personal opinions and do not speak for any team or organisation as a whole.
Smitho91

Postby Smitho91 Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Daveyoc wrote:Hi Jstdlax,

What you really need to do in order to change those a team and b team appearances around * is to

participate in many hours of wall ball per evening at least 2 hours a night,
buy a new helmet and gloves so you look like a pro and
watch loads of lacrosse in the United States of America.
You should also have 3 sticks strung up game ready but restring them every week.

I recommend buying some eye black to increase your vision for those sunny days throughout the winter,
sleeping with your lacrosse stick in your bed really increases your playing ability!

Also go to the gym and lift really really heavy weights'

hope this helps my friend

Nabster's guide to lax?
cjlax

Postby cjlax Thu May 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Daveyoc wrote:Watch loads of lacrosse in the United States of America.

davidmcculloch81 wrote:The only remaining thing I would add is that if you want to be the best then you should try and emulate the best.

I was taking Davey's advice and checking out some US Lacrosse on YouTube, and I came across a visual aid to help with Mr McC's advice.... thanks chaps.

http://youtu.be/yE6fnxviDNs

Dining Room

Postby Dining Room Mon May 20, 2013 10:17 am

Hi Fella,

The best thing to do is grab 3 balls from and a goal from Coach and shoot them as hard as you can from 4 yards. Aim to get 2 out 3 on target. Work the drill until the balls have all got lost then grab a well deserved shower and hit the sportsbar hard. You'll be on your a-game in the a-team before you know it.

Dude.
I was once part of the winning Pop Lacrosse team that defeated Wigan in the 1992 Greater Manchester Youth Games.

Here's a 150 second video about how to earn more money with me

http://www.telecomplus.co.uk/biz/videodir/home.taf?exref=C58612

Return to “Men's”