Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of the ELA men's rules can be found here
ArchLevel

The Coach Academy Launches

Postby ArchLevel Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:35 pm

***OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT***

After over a year and a half of hard work, fine tuning, and unprecedented partnerships and collaborations...we are VERY EXCITED to announce that The Coach Academy from ArchLevel Lacrosse is officially...IN SESSION! Registration for the very first Trainer Course class on February 2nd to 3rd in Loughborough, England is now open on the brand new course page on the main site! All details, course breakdown, and more can be found over on the site along with the course handbook, registration details, and information on all of the great perks that come with this course; including a FREE annual membership to LaxLessons.com and the opportunity to coach in the USA next summer to truly develop your knowledge and skills. See the direct link below for all of the exciting information!

Trainer Course Page:
http://www.archlevellacrosse.com/#!trainer-course/clkl
ArchLevel

Re: The Coach Academy Launches

Postby ArchLevel Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Current University Students and Alumni Qualify for HUGE Discounts on Registration!
whopead

Postby whopead Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:23 pm

I know this has been talked about in the past but...how does this course fit in with the ELA NGB which is recognized by sport England in their Sports coaching structure?
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
Waggy

Postby Waggy Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:25 am

whopead wrote:I know this has been talked about in the past but...how does this course fit in with the ELA NGB which is recognized by sport England in their Sports coaching structure?

No!
ArchLevel

Postby ArchLevel Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Hey guys! The simple and intentional answer is...IT DOES NOT. These courses were never designed to be a "governing" certification for coaching in England by any means as that was not our goal nor desire with this. This is strictly a well designed and thought out program that will encourage the development and sustainability of coaches across the board in the UK and Europe. This coaching program is about far more than just making a few courses available to budding coaches. It’s about creating a community of passionate and dedicated coaches in this sport that place unwavering importance on self education and development through every facet of their role. We hope to do our part to help grow, encourage, develop, and sustain the coaching community here in the UK and abroad with these courses and other development resources in the pipeline within our Coach Academy. Please feel free to post up any questions you might have in regards to these fantastic courses. Cheers!
Jim13

Postby Jim13 Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:26 pm

Is there a section on management speak?

Sounds like it could do with some synergising.

I trust there's a blue sky thinking section on clipboards?
Laxforums is a production of the Children's Television Workshop
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Simple question.

Why is there a requirement for a coaching infrastructure that does not fit the NGB and Sport England recognition?

It seems strange to me that a niche sport requires differing coaching patterns and "qualifications". I for one am very in favour if more coaches. But query the nurturing under two differing structures.
whopead

Postby whopead Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:40 pm

I don,t see why somebody would participate in the arch level coaching programme if they then have to do the ELA course to be recognised and insured to coach. this would mean paying twice for one thing. I am not knocking the effort and intentions of Arch level but dont see "the point" in doing it if you cant then attempt to earn money or officially use your "qualification"
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
S_24_LAX

Postby S_24_LAX Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Be careful with the "insured" thing at the mo. real hot potato. See South thread. Which applies to all ELA.
ArchLevel

Postby ArchLevel Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:30 pm

S_24_LAX wrote:It seems strange to me that a niche sport requires differing coaching patterns and "qualifications". I for one am very in favour if more coaches. But query the nurturing under two differing structures.

As we can fully appreciate and understand your questions and concerns (and fully encourage them!), it must be understood that this program has a much larger scope in it's future that just the England lacrosse community.

whopead wrote:I don,t see why somebody would participate in the arch level coaching programme if they then have to do the ELA course to be recognised and insured to coach. this would mean paying twice for one thing. I am not knocking the effort and intentions of Arch level but dont see "the point" in doing it if you cant then attempt to earn money or officially use your "qualification"

We highly encourage you to come along to the course in February and find out as it should be a great time! Message us and I'm sure we can make that happen for you my friend.
whopead

Postby whopead Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:06 pm

unfortunately £200 is a little bit to much to spend for me to find out, but i wish you luck...the site and course content looks good.
Nottingham LC
www.nottslax.co.uk
Jim13

Postby Jim13 Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:51 am

[quote] it must be understood that this program has a much larger scope in it's future that just the England lacrosse community. [/]

Good stuff. I find many English lacrosse coaching coarses to be a bit 'lacrosse-y'.

Will it help with my Latvian tap dancing or Romanian frog herding?

My Bolivian cat pointing has also been sadly neglected of late; lacking its usual sparkle and zest.
Laxforums is a production of the Children's Television Workshop
LPierce

Postby LPierce Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:16 pm

Personally I think this looks pretty good. For someone such as myself who was looking at Camp America and such the fact that it ties in with Americamp is a sweet deal to me. Paying £100 to have something which would allow me to coach in America for a Summer can't be bad!
AUMLC #5 2008-2013
AUMLC Secretary 2011/12
AUMLC Captain 2012/13
Granite City Gladiators #5 2008-2013
Scotland U21 #5 BNCs 2011
Lax Bandicoot #5
Yorkshire #5 BNCs 2012
Wilmslow #55 2013-

All posts by this user are personal opinions and do not speak for any team or organisation as a whole.
oldman

Postby oldman Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:19 pm

S_24_LAX wrote:Why is there a requirement for a coaching infrastructure that does not fit the NGB and Sport England recognition?

It seems strange to me that a niche sport requires differing coaching patterns and "qualifications". I for one am very in favour if more coaches. But query the nurturing under two differing structures.

Ian I think you are absolutely right, but we have been through this debate with Archlevel before (http://laxforums.co.uk//viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15190&p=135963&hilit=archlevel+coaching#p135963) in July 2011, where Vince went to great lengths to try and justify the difference.
Kent Lacrosse Development Association
Cranbrook Lacrosse Club
Maidstone Lacrosse Club
Rotisserie

Postby Rotisserie Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:16 am

Just to throw another spanner into the works:

why do people need to have the incentive of a qualification to want to go on a coaching course? As a player I would attend camps and courses just because i want to improve. Why can't the same be applied to coaching?

Return to “Men's”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register

Recent Topics