ProLaxShop

ELA Website

Play in a men's team? All men's specific forums can be found here

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of the ELA men's rules can be found here

Do you think the ela is poor at communication, advertising promotion ECT?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 90
laxgod

ELA Website

Postby laxgod Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:26 pm

What is this China? how can you remove my post, it was as valid a comment as anyone elses on this forum? what are you afraid of?

edit by mandy: added the poll as per pom's request in thread

Ok this is what I said:

"Does anyone else think the ELA website is terrible, old pictures no updates and difficult to navigate?, is this what our governing body use to market our great game to he british masses?"

I was told to get in touch with the ELA as they would need help revising the site, so my reply was:

"They need help? arent they paid to do this?, ill give them a call and ask them to help me with a Garden I need to Landscape! maybe ill call Nike next week to see if I can help them revise their website!"

I also made a comment that "if the players control the game then why dont we allocate how the money is used each year?"

Basically that was it................discuss?
admin
Admin
Admin

Re: ELA Website

Postby admin Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:03 pm

waiting for the ELA to respond then it will come back online.
the pom

Postby the pom Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:04 am

This is a joke

The ela should see what the majority of people think.

It was true the ela website is crap.

The ela communications and publicity are poor.

It would be nice to know about the funding and how it has been spent but this appears to have been asked by many people on this forum but they have had no response what is being hidden?

Now comments about the ela are being censored until they produce some propaganda to reply with

This is my opinion only and may differ from this and the truth in fact it could be completely made up and probably is
League restructure I told you so 10/3/2011(looking good on this one)
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
Moaning Git

Postby Moaning Git Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:33 am

Hmmmm

Just because something is posted on the forums does not mean it is a majority view.

At the ELA AGM at weekend it was acknowledged that the website urgently needs improvement.

It was also noted that a proper communication strategy is needed, but that this needs involvement and buy in from the clubs who are appaling at communicating

As for the money, and the transparency of the accounts this was also raised and pledges were made. But what money are you talking about?
gazmanofhull

Postby gazmanofhull Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:40 am

I'm with the Pom here.

I think this forum is the place where people can vent their opinions about the ELA.

Website & Communication are poor. I don't see how communication from the clubs is at fault, what do the ELA want, because I'm only to happy to give them information on my club if it turns into publicity either within the lax community or outside.

I also have pretty strong views on the way the ELA run the sport. To Manchester focused - it is as if the main aim of the ELA is to promote and grow the game of lacrosse in Greater Manchester, when it should actually be growing the game nationally. Yet everything they do is about Manchester. I should probably have gone to the AGM, but was unfortunatly stuck here in hull fixing my car. But even if I had gone I don't think my views would have been given any credence by the ELA!

One major issue I have discussed with a very vocal member of the lacrosse community is that as the NGB they should be answerable to the membership, the players and clubs. That doesn't seem to be the case and the paid staff seem to be answerable to themselves only!

If this forum was a product of the ELA, I could understand censorship, but it is an independent site. I've heard opinions about this site from ELA staff and what they think of it and what is discussed here and they are not complementary, so I certainly wouldn't advise you stick up for them!
Chairman & LDO, Hull Lacrosse Club
YCLA Committee Member

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hull_lacrosse_club/
Ketts19

Postby Ketts19 Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:53 am

Moaning Git wrote:It was also noted that a proper communication strategy is needed, but that this needs involvement and buy in from the clubs who are appaling at communicating

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the ELA have a press officer who I would assume is on a salary :?:

Perhaps he could contact respective people at the clubs and inititate the communication :?:
Jedi Lax #19

Some people are beyond help....myself included
laxgod

Postby laxgod Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:54 am

Put my original post back on please I wont be censored like that, its freedom of speech, this isnt Wikileaks its a valid question! :roll:
young_trig

Postby young_trig Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:12 am

laxgod wrote:Put my original post back on please I wont be censored like that, its freedom of speech, this isnt Wikileaks its a valid question! :roll:

:D :D Freedom of speech! I now have a picture in my head of Wacs10 starting a march through Manchester town centre taking the rallying masses all the way to the front door of the ELA offices! :lol:

In response to someone else, I believe that the ELA do contribute financially to the site
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
laxgod

Postby laxgod Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:29 am

Wacs10???
young_trig

Postby young_trig Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:36 am

laxgod wrote:Wacs10???

Its a username
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
the pom

Postby the pom Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:39 am

"Just because something is posted on the forums does not mean it is a majority view."

Ok let’s have a poll

Do you think the ela is poor at communication, advertising promotion ECT?

Please reply with yes or no

Also please add if you believe other none forum using members at you club agree with this or not

If possible give examples

E.g. lack of promotion of this years flags semis only public notice was by UK lax fan on this forum
Prem division to two leagues will result in the prem division failing and being combined with Nemla 22/3/2012
the proposed restructure to 8 teams in each prem league will only last a couple of years until it has to be restructured again due to teams dropping out. 13/12/2012
mandy
Admin
Admin

Postby mandy Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:42 am

added poll for you pom
ahhh ... the whit
laxgod

Postby laxgod Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:50 am

And what has he or she (Wacs10) got to do with this?
admin
Admin
Admin

Postby admin Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:17 am

laxgod wrote:And what has he or she (Wacs10) got to do with this?

He's a regular member of the forum and excellent contributer and it was a funny suggestion nothing more....
the pom

Postby the pom Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:21 am

what was lax gods question?

was it that bad please pm me the question
Dining Room

Postby Dining Room Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:26 am

I think he said "are rumours true that News Corporation have bought a stake in Laxforums in a bid to stifle criticism of lacrosse authorities" or something. :D :D
I was once part of the winning Pop Lacrosse team that defeated Wigan in the 1992 Greater Manchester Youth Games.

Here's a 150 second video about how to earn more money with me

http://www.telecomplus.co.uk/biz/videodir/home.taf?exref=C58612
woldham

Postby woldham Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:26 am

It wasn't bad enough to need removing in my opinion. It was simply stating how poor he felt that the ELA website was in it's various functions, a point I supported in a reply explaining there needed to be better communication and collaboration between the ELA, clubs and distributors of lax kit within the UK due to the low profile of the sport in comparison with others if we're to stand a chance of developing and progressing. This reply was also deleted...
laxgod

Postby laxgod Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:46 am

Whatever man................................now can you post my original post back on here please or give me a reason why you have removed.

I will contact the ombidsman otherwise.
admin
Admin
Admin

Postby admin Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:00 am

laxgod wrote:Whatever man................................now can you post my original post back on here please or give me a reason why you have removed.

I will contact the ombidsman otherwise.

I will put the post back then, but on condition this isn't an attack at the ELA, more constructive critisism and help suggesting ideas for the ELA, you've been responded too and told the ELA had an AGM recently and are looking at the web site is this not enough?

Also what is an ombidsman? I'm familiar with the ombudsman and if this is what you are referring to please read the posts that clearly state, LAXFORUMS is in no way responsible for the content of this site and the views of other people, it also states we have the right at any point to remove posts should we feel they could damage or harm anyone in the Lacrosse world.

The ELA support LaxForums and if you have questions post them but don't get deep in costs and wages just ask the question or create a poll and then let the ELA respond, we ultimately want lacrosse to grow in the UK and Europe and they sometimes have other projects that take priority.

Enjoy your day and hep support the sport to grow...
Dining Room

Postby Dining Room Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:03 am

The website isn't great but I guarantee if they launched a £10k super-fancy mega website there'd be uproar in clubhouses around the UK.
Also don't forget that last year the ELA organised the best World Games ever and lacrosse is growing exponentially which in itself must present a challenge
I was once part of the winning Pop Lacrosse team that defeated Wigan in the 1992 Greater Manchester Youth Games.

Here's a 150 second video about how to earn more money with me

http://www.telecomplus.co.uk/biz/videodir/home.taf?exref=C58612

Return to “Men's”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register