ProLaxShop

Stalling

Come here to see the mens lacrosse rules, and discuss things concerning rules. ie. wrong or right ref judgements?

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

A full list of men's rules can be found here
jebedee

Stalling

Postby jebedee Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:02 pm

In a game today, one team were certain that "get it in keep it in" was in continuous effect in the final two minutes only for the team that were winning. In other words, as soon as the winning team got the ball in the final 2 minutes, they had to get it over the restrainer and keep it in. I've checked back through the stalling section which makes absolutely no mention of this, but any ideas where this has come from? Is it an American rule?
dblacklock

Re: Stalling

Postby dblacklock Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:17 pm

jebedee wrote:In a game today, one team were certain that "get it in keep it in" was in continuous effect in the final two minutes only for the team that were winning. In other words, as soon as the winning team got the ball in the final 2 minutes, they had to get it over the restrainer and keep it in. I've checked back through the stalling section which makes absolutely no mention of this, but any ideas where this has come from? Is it an American rule?

Under FIL rules you are not required to keep the ball in in the last two minutes. NCAA rules require this "automatic stall". Only stalling if the referees ask you to get it in and you don't, or if once you got it in you violate one of the conditions. Where was the game?
UKLaxfan

Postby UKLaxfan Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:48 am

NCAA Rule definitely last season although I believe they may have changed rules again this year?

Not ELA or FIL Rule, so whoever said it was, was incorrect if you were playing in the UK
jebedee

Postby jebedee Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:04 pm

It was in sheffield but it was predictably an American coach that first argued that the rule existed. Surprisingly none of the uk players disagreed with him and many thought it was a rule. It wasn't played though, much to the upset of the US coach.
Dining Room

Postby Dining Room Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:22 pm

the sporadic interpretations of this rule make it a nightmare all around.
IMHO - you are either stalling or not stalling at any point in the game not just if you are winning towards the end of the game.
2p.
Rob
I was once part of the winning Pop Lacrosse team that defeated Wigan in the 1992 Greater Manchester Youth Games.

Here's a 150 second video about how to earn more money with me

http://www.telecomplus.co.uk/biz/videodir/home.taf?exref=C58612
Sour37

Postby Sour37 Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:06 pm

Dining Room wrote:the sporadic interpretations of this rule make it a nightmare all around.
IMHO - you are either stalling or not stalling at any point in the game not just if you are winning towards the end of the game.
2p.
Rob

Completely agree Rob.

One in particular that gets me is when both teams have a man in the box, with one expiring before the other than the soon to be man up team just stall the ball for the 30s or 1minute until they're man up.
highvolt

Postby highvolt Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Dining Room wrote:the sporadic interpretations of this rule make it a nightmare all around.
2p.
Rob

But urgency has to be a factor here. Otherwise it would get messy at times
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:33 pm

Hopkins v Delaware recently - the stall was called in the first minute and throughout the game. Crazy times.

I might try that with the U12s tomorrow.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team

Return to “Mens Lacrosse Rules”