ProLaxShop

Moving to Kent

Place for general chat, saying hello to the forums, and posting bugs and feature requests for us to take a look at

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Ant_P

Moving to Kent

Postby Ant_P Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:16 pm

I am moving to Kent in the near future for a new job based in Chatham.

I dont know anything about the area (or surrounding areas) so basically just looking for any general advice on the better areas/any places that should be avoided.

Thanks

Ant
Ex-Northampton Uni Mens Captain
Ex-Northampton Town Lax
Cardiff Harlequins
robbie T

Re: Moving to Kent

Postby robbie T Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi Ant,

As with any place there are nice and not so nice areas (not helpful I know). It really does depend on what sort of money you have and what you're doing whilst living there, e.g. nightlife etc. That said, there are plenty of areas to choose from. Chatham and the Medway area are cheaper for housing but are probably less desirable places to live. Maidstone and the surrounding area (only 20 minutes at the most from Chatham) is slightly more expensive in terms of housing but has more to offer as a place to live. And let's not forget the Lacrosse Team!!

I may not have been much help but if you were to have a shortlist of areas you have looked into, someone else may be able to provide more insight.

Anyway, all the best with your search! Keep us posted on what you decide...

Rob
buckybarnes

Re: Moving to Kent

Postby buckybarnes Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:40 pm

A friend of mine works for Kent Online actually! Kinda weird actually :) Could be worth starting a blog with a website builder by using 1&1 when you move to a new city, fun way to capture an exciting experience :D

Return to “General Chat”