ProLaxShop

ELA Performance & Review

Place for general chat, saying hello to the forums, and posting bugs and feature requests for us to take a look at

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
UKLaxfan

ELA Performance & Review

Postby UKLaxfan Mon May 09, 2011 1:28 pm

The English Lacrosse Association (ELA) is the National Governing body for lacrosse in this country

Even though we are a small amateur niche sport, we have a number of full time staff

There has been a questionnaire asking for feedback recently, so what do we think?

Games promotion or lack there of has been mentioned recently

National Squads: Since the World Games July 2010 the National Team has been without a Head Coach

and yet the previous Head Coach is now employed at Full Time Elite Performance Director (ELA Staff)

What exactly does he do? How has he helped your Club or Team in the last 12 months?

Marketing Manager? - What initiatives or projects have they introduced or rolled out that we are aware of?

What would you do differently?

What would you want from your National Governing Body?

There has been publicity about funding for University Lacrosse Development as well as Sport England funding previously for development.

thoughts?
Rotisserie

Re: ELA Performance & Review

Postby Rotisserie Mon May 09, 2011 1:54 pm

UKLaxfan wrote:
There has been publicity about funding for University Lacrosse Development as well as Sport England funding previously for development.

Yes and lots of interest and response to get involved from different universities/coaches but it seems nobody has heard anything back.
gazmanofhull

Postby gazmanofhull Mon May 09, 2011 4:48 pm

He was head of Elite Performance prior to the worlds!!! Does seem that he was basically his own boss in that regard!

The University Clinics were meant to be the key initiative in this role, but I have only ever seen 2-3 advertised! Birmingham was the last one I believe! I have tried to get one over in this part of the country, but hit a dead end in communication!

Hopefully following these recent Market research projects things will change! The website should be the starting point, followed by better communication from HO to the whole English lacrosse community! It would appear they have player around with the image given the banners at flags finals, BNCs & on the market research!
Chairman & LDO, Hull Lacrosse Club
YCLA Committee Member

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hull_lacrosse_club/
J-Lo

Postby J-Lo Tue May 10, 2011 11:02 am

UKLaxfan wrote:
Marketing Manager? - What initiatives or projects have they introduced or rolled out that we are aware of?

There was a market research questionnaire gone out recently. It was wasn't a full membership survey though, and working in the field of MR, it certainly wasn't the best i've seen. I was left with little idea on what outcomes the ELA is expecting from the research piece
oldman

Postby oldman Wed May 11, 2011 11:35 am

J-Lo wrote:There was a market research questionnaire gone out recently. It was wasn't a full membership survey though, and working in the field of MR, it certainly wasn't the best i've seen. I was left with little idea on what outcomes the ELA is expecting from the research piece

J-Lo would you be happy to offer your MR expertise to the ELA?

oldman
Kent Lacrosse Development Association
Cranbrook Lacrosse Club
Maidstone Lacrosse Club
J-Lo

Postby J-Lo Wed May 11, 2011 11:54 am

oldman wrote:
J-Lo wrote:There was a market research questionnaire gone out recently. It was wasn't a full membership survey though, and working in the field of MR, it certainly wasn't the best i've seen. I was left with little idea on what outcomes the ELA is expecting from the research piece

J-Lo would you be happy to offer your MR expertise to the ELA?

oldman

I might have already done - but the this forum wouldn't be the place to discuss that :)

Return to “General Chat”

Monster Mesh

Monster Mesh

Login · Register