ProLaxShop

d pole

Advice for all the Defenders? Tips from the coaches. Advice from players.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
Laxgorilla20

d pole

Postby Laxgorilla20 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:59 am

I have a STX botic head and a steel 700 I have the same mesh u get with the stix how should I put in the shooting strings so it can shoot better
Mort rotu

Re: d pole

Postby Mort rotu Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:37 am

Firstly what position are you playing with it?

Unless you are playing LSM I wouldn't bother setting up the head for shooting (as close D you'll shoot maybe once or twice a season?). I'd set it up so you can accurately clear from your own restrainer to the opposite one, then learn to shoot with that.

The first thing I would do is take the factory mesh out (assuming its soft mesh) and put in some 10 diamond hard mesh. this will make catching a little bit more difficult at first, but will make passing alot better almost immidiately (if you do a good job of it, google 'stringing with boomer' for a good series of videos on how to string a pocket)

As for how, it depends entirely on you. every bodies stick is different, even 2 sticks strung by the same person in the same head will be slightly different. Find a team mates set up you like and try and copy it.

Having said that, I would suggest 1 pretty tight hockey lace, 1 looseish hockey lace and 1 loose wide U just above the pocket, spaced 1 diamond apart. That should give something you can adjust easily to get what you want. for more whip loosen off the middle string and/or the bottom string, for less tighten it a little bit and loosen the top one a little bit and or pull the bottom string in. do it in stages(add or remove a little bit of whip at a time) with a couple of friends, passing over 5-10 yds, like you would in a game, so you can test and adjust as required.

good luck
Currently M.I.A. - I'll be back.
Soton Uni #33 05-12
Soton Uni Secretary 09-11

Return to “Defence Tips”