ProLaxShop

Laxforums re-write

This forum is where you will find all forum related announcements. Learn whats to come, whats been launched and other changes.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules
mandy
Admin
Admin

Postby mandy Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:44 pm

now that (or something similar) I'd like to implement, it'd be real tricky as we don't want people posting all over the show, but sometimes there are threads that fit into more than one category (should never be more than 2/3 mind)

Would be a right git to write though - I'll have to give it some thought as to how best to do it
ahhh ... the whit
Ian#4
League Mod
League Mod

Postby Ian#4 Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:20 pm

You could possibly use the shadow topic of a merged thread to do something along those lines?

How about a spell checker, some people could really benefit from one!
Leeds :: SLL :: South :: Cardiff Harlequins :: Cardiff Uni :: Penarth
young_trig

Postby young_trig Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:27 pm

Ian#4 wrote:How about a spell checker, some people could really benefit from one!

Butt eye think that yule fined that spell chequer wont always show up spelling mistakes
Leeds #1
Jedi Lax #1
mandy
Admin
Admin

Postby mandy Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:38 pm

Ian#4 wrote:You could possibly use the shadow topic of a merged thread to do something along those lines?

How about a spell checker, some people could really benefit from one!

Yes and no - problem is with shadow topics is that only the 'current' topic gets updated and not the shadow so it slips down the list quite rapidly which is something I'd like to avoid

Spell checker - use firefox - i've def got a plugin for it if it isn't default. Loads of problems with having a forums one is you then need an AJAX connection constantly checking everything you've written against a word list (where would I get it from? - how do we keep it up to date? etc...) to get the functionality of the firefox one (which is like word's spell checker). Would only be slightly easier to have one where you click something and it checks it for you
ahhh ... the whit
S-t-r-e-t-c-h

Postby S-t-r-e-t-c-h Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:58 am

Add the under 12's 14's and 16's game results to the league boards, helps to see where clubs may be in the future, and which clubs will need help.

put an "IF" function into the league boards so that you can click on a team name and find out what miracles must happen to result in your promotion. Shef uni have ~4 games left, if we win them all we could have 25 points, but thats when i start to lose interest in calculating all the possibilities that we could get promoted if... will be a mathematical pain in the ass, but would be nice.

give each group a person to contact if they want adding their private club locked forum section, like the clubs captain, and give the club captain the power to grant access to that locked forum. this will make it easier to entice club members if they have their private club board, and the captain to promote the use of it.
Shef uni #2
Jedi Lax #2
old-stockport #11
pop lacrosse ALLSTAR!
Ketts19

Postby Ketts19 Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:11 am

S-t-r-e-t-c-h wrote:put an "IF" function into the league boards so that you can click on a team name and find out what miracles must happen to result in your promotion. Shef uni have ~4 games left, if we win them all we could have 25 points, but thats when i start to lose interest in calculating all the possibilities that we could get promoted if... will be a mathematical pain in the ass, but would be nice.

You've got 2 games left according to tables and can finish with 21 points.
Jedi Lax #19

Some people are beyond help....myself included
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:16 pm

Hows about a "lacrosse on TV" forum? This can be our one stop shop to find out when games are going to be on TV or broadcast on the web.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
lax_mad_webborn

Postby lax_mad_webborn Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:27 am

davidmcculloch81 wrote:Hows about a "lacrosse on TV" forum? This can be our one stop shop to find out when games are going to be on TV or broadcast on the web.

That sounds like a good idea to me :)
CWEBBORN
Hawks #16 07 - Present
Wales Development Squad 2010 #21
Wales U19 World Championships 2008 #26
Wales U19 Squad Finland 2012 #16

Return to “Announcements”