ProLaxShop

Spring Clean

This forum is where you will find all forum related announcements. Learn whats to come, whats been launched and other changes.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on the forum please ensure you read the Board Wide Rules

Prefer it now or before?

Prefered it Before
32%
Pefer it Now
43%
Haven't Noticed
17%
Don't Care
9%

Total votes: 47
mandy
Admin
Admin

Spring Clean

Postby mandy Tue May 12, 2009 9:34 pm

As half of you will probably have noticed, we've had a bit of spring clean, and cut down on the number of forums. Some of them were just not getting used, so we've consolidated a bunch of them and tried to group them a little better to channel everyone into the same forums which should help generate some more intrest.

It should also mean that the need many people have found to cross-posting the site is gone, so please try to post it in only the relevant places (so if its a general mens thing then post it in the mens, and not then also in all the subforums)

Hope you all enjoy
Last edited by mandy on Thu May 14, 2009 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ahhh ... the whit
happylaxer

Postby happylaxer Tue May 12, 2009 10:21 pm

I only ever use the 'View new posts' option so afraid I hadn't even noticed it had changed... Seems to make sense though!
Blues #55
Wales #15
laxwill11
League Mod
League Mod

Postby laxwill11 Wed May 13, 2009 8:37 am

not a fan - means more clicks to get to the forums i want to read
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...
Mr.Stanford

Postby Mr.Stanford Wed May 13, 2009 10:13 am

It shouldn't take more clicks.

You can still for example access southern mens by clicking the sub forums link (Subforums: UK Northern, UK Southern, Other Men's) below 'Men's'. They also indicate weather or not there are unread posts.

I need a bit more time to make my mind up... although i have voted i may change my mind...
Hitchin

Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed
davidmcculloch81

Postby davidmcculloch81 Wed May 13, 2009 10:39 am

"Change is NOT good"

* I don't really care.
Jedi Lax #9
CEng MIMechE

My views are not necessarily those of Clarendon Road Primary School Pop Lacrosse Team
Mort rotu

Postby Mort rotu Wed May 13, 2009 3:23 pm

As Rhod says, it shouldnt take more clicks to get from the index to where i want to be.

so perhaps it would be a better idea to organise the forums by level of traffic, rather than the logical fashion in which its done now.

for example, the university forum would have the UK unis as the one that shows when you click the main 'Unis' forum, with the 'US college' as a sub forum within it, as (i imagine) the UK unis forum is busier than the US college forum.

just my 2pence worth
Currently M.I.A. - I'll be back.
Soton Uni #33 05-12
Soton Uni Secretary 09-11
checkley00

Postby checkley00 Wed May 13, 2009 5:12 pm

Not trying to be a smart ass and i'm sure you would notice it but...

University
All Univeristy and College discussion form the UK and USA

On the general topic, I agree that not all forums needed to be layed out as they were, but would have preffered to see other forums sub headed rather than the most popular. Not a massive issue but a preference all the same.
mandy
Admin
Admin

Re:

Postby mandy Thu May 14, 2009 1:29 pm

laxwill11 wrote:not a fan - means more clicks to get to the forums i want to read

Mort rotu wrote:As Rhod says, it shouldnt take more clicks to get from the index to where i want to be.

so perhaps it would be a better idea to organise the forums by level of traffic, rather than the logical fashion in which its done now.

for example, the university forum would have the UK unis as the one that shows when you click the main 'Unis' forum, with the 'US college' as a sub forum within it, as (i imagine) the UK unis forum is busier than the US college forum.

just my 2pence worth

I fully agree on it should not take more clicks ... however I thought about that and made sure it doesn't (in fact it should sometimes save you clicks)

I think what Rod was saying is it doesn't - all the sub-forums are still listed on the index so the direct link is still there.

So if you want to go to say southern mens then you can directly from the index (just under the mens tab). What it also now means though, is if you're in mens (previously general mens) and want to go to southern mens its there on the page without having to go back to the index page (hence the saving clicks bit above)
ahhh ... the whit
laxwill11
League Mod
League Mod

Postby laxwill11 Thu May 14, 2009 6:00 pm

true enough, although what i would say is that now if there is a new post in say just Southern Mens, then that goes red (to indicate new post) as does the overall "Men's" link - so you have to click on both to find out if there are new posts in both, or just Southern... not clearly explained but you get my drift. what was wrong with the old one anyway? if it aint broke...
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...
mandy
Admin
Admin

Re:

Postby mandy Thu May 14, 2009 7:52 pm

laxwill11 wrote:true enough, although what i would say is that now if there is a new post in say just Southern Mens, then that goes red (to indicate new post) as does the overall "Men's" link - so you have to click on both to find out if there are new posts in both, or just Southern... not clearly explained but you get my drift. what was wrong with the old one anyway? if it aint broke...

i get what you mean - i'll take a look see if i can get it so only appears on the ones with posts

i think it prob was broke - it was massive and lots of the forums were just not being used (one had a single post and another 2 whole posts - 18 months after they were put in) - too many. This also led to a problem with cross-posting as people would post stuff all over the shop - which was a git to moderate - esp as half the forum just use read new posts or read unread, so would get 6/7 of the same post in the list
ahhh ... the whit
ibop
League Mod
League Mod

Postby ibop Wed May 27, 2009 3:06 pm

there is a small spelling error on the front page, univeristy
The only time he takes his foot out of his mouth, is to put the other one in!

Newcastle-Upon-Tyne #4 08-
Durham #4 05-09
orange05
League Mod
League Mod

Postby orange05 Wed May 27, 2009 4:15 pm

"All Univeristy and College discussion form the UK and USA"

On a different note, we're fast approaching the 100,000 post mark - how about a small prize for the 100,000th poster?
Moley

Postby Moley Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:45 pm

definitely like it better now. Everything is still listed as was but you can now view all 3 mens forums at once.
admin
Admin
Admin

Postby admin Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:50 pm

Small prize? Let me think of something!
merry

Postby merry Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:34 am

yeah!its really nice and enjoyed.

Return to “Announcements”